Assumption Catholic School
- Assumption Catholic School enhances academic excellence in order to inspire students to reach their fullest potential.
- The parents are the primary educators of their children.
- Assumption Catholic School teachers work in partnership with parents to provide a caring atmosphere that prepares students for lives of service and respect for one another, their families, their school, their church, their community, and the global community.
- Teachers, along with the school community, foster personal and social development within a secure environment that promotes self-discipline and peaceful process.
- Based on Catholic values, teachers and parents work together to offer learning that will develop skills necessary to make decisions regarding spiritual relationship with God, respect for life, fostering of diversity, and life-long health and sense of well-being.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School Uniform- Plaid, khakis, white and red shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / May. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,600|
|Tuition Notes||Active parish families are eligible for a subsidized tution rate of $5,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Daniel Anderson|
|Admissions Associate||Angie King|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Snowboarding, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Snowboarding,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess club, Math Olympiad
- Assumption Catholic School students score significantly above local and state averages on standardized testing.
- Because of an increased emphasis on homework and the partnership with parents, Catholic school students develop more effective academic skills.
- Catholic Schools have an excellent success rate in educating minority students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Vernon Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
1321 E Division Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98274
(360)428-3912 24.2 PK-8
- Bellingham Grades: PK-12
1509 E. Victor Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
(360)733-1750 1.1 PK-12
- Bellingham Grades: NS-8 | 203 students
1600 E Sunset Dr
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)733-7303 1.5 NS-8
- Bellingham Grades: PK-6 | 101 students
1027 Samish Way
Bellingham, WA 98229
(360)650-9465 2.5 PK-6
- Bellingham Grades: PK-5
567 E. Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)738-8248 2.9 PK-5
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.