Assumption Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Assumption Catholic School is a ministry of the Church of the Assumption in Bellingham, Washington and serves Preschool through 8th grade students from all of Whatcom County.
- With an integrated teaching of the Catholic faith, teachers prepare students for the academic rigor of high school through a variety of programs including an all-school Spanish curricula, orchestra and choir, as well as participation in the Math Olympiad and Missoula Children's Theater.
- Assumption has a long history of serving Whatcom County beginning in 1913.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School Uniform- Plaid, khakis, white and red shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,800|
|Tuition Notes||Active parish families are eligible for a subsidized tution rate of $5,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Daniel Anderson|
|Admissions Associate||Angie King|
|Endowment Size||$0.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess club, Math Olympiad
- Assumption Catholic School students score significantly above local and state averages on standardized testing.
- Because of an increased emphasis on homework and the partnership with parents, Catholic school students develop more effective academic skills.
- Catholic Schools have an excellent success rate in educating minority students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellingham Grades: NS-8 | 203 students
1600 E Sunset Dr
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)733-7303 1.5 NS-8
- Mount Vernon Grades: PK-8 | 248 students
1321 E Division Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98274
(360)428-3912 24.2 PK-8
- Bellingham Grades: PK-5
567 E. Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)738-8248 2.9 PK-5
- Lynden Grades: PK-12 | 1210 students
417 Lyncs Dr
Lynden, WA 98264
(360)318-9525 13.3 PK-12
Assumption is the best choice to prepare our children for future success. The staff and community feel like an extension of our family in teaching and supporting our two children. They are challenged academically in both traditional ways - foundational math and writing- and in non-traditional ways - exciting field trips, make space opportunities and athletics. We know from talking with high school level educators that Assumption graduates stand out in their work ethic and their character. This investment in our children is a commitment, but it brings us great joy to see them thrive.
- Posted by Parent - Lynette Machinski
We love our school! All the teachers and the staff are amazing. The Principal is the BEST! Our family transferred our kids from another private school in Bellingham and I cannot begin to describe what a difference! We have seen such a positive change in both of our children. Our kids love going to school every day and they come home happy. All of our teachers have been amazing. They are learning so much and thriving. We are so happy here. In my opinion Assumption is the BEST private school in Bellingham, hands down!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 2
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.