Assumption Catholic School
- Assumption Catholic School is a ministry of the Church of the Assumption in Bellingham, Washington and serves Preschool through 8th grade students from all of Whatcom County.
- With an integrated teaching of the Catholic faith, teachers prepare students for the academic rigor of high school through a variety of programs including an all-school Spanish curricula, orchestra and choir, as well as participation in the Math Olympiad and Missoula Children's Theater.
- Assumption has a long history of serving Whatcom County beginning in 1913.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School Uniform- Plaid, khakis, white and red shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15 / May. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,600|
|Tuition Notes||Active parish families are eligible for a subsidized tution rate of $5,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Daniel Anderson|
|Admissions Associate||Angie King|
|Endowment Size||$0.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Snowboarding, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Snowboarding,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess club, Math Olympiad
- Assumption Catholic School students score significantly above local and state averages on standardized testing.
- Because of an increased emphasis on homework and the partnership with parents, Catholic school students develop more effective academic skills.
- Catholic Schools have an excellent success rate in educating minority students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellingham Grades: NS-8 | 203 students
1600 E Sunset Dr
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)733-7303 1.5 NS-8
- Mount Vernon Grades: PK-8 | 229 students
1321 E Division Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98274
(360)428-3912 24.2 PK-8
- Bellingham Grades: PK-5
567 E. Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
(360)738-8248 2.9 PK-5
- Bellingham Grades: PK-6 | 101 students
1027 Samish Way
Bellingham, WA 98229
(360)650-9465 2.5 PK-6
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.