- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 275 students
- Yearly Tuition: $39,800
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(View more info)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Collector's Items (Journalism), Forensics Team, Mathletes, Service Learning, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- With an average of 13 students per class, our teachers are able to offer an exceptional degree of individual attention and support, meet children where they are academically, and challenge them in unique ways based on how they best learn. We pride ourselves on really getting to know your child as a person.
- We help every child find their voice-and we make sure they know how to use it. Preschool students regularly speak in front of their classmates during Community Meetings, while Grade 4 dress up and debate as Native Americans and Settlers for their history class, and students of all ages have the ability to perform in impressive, full-scale musical productions and concerts-even if they need a little encouragement first.
- We offer authentic learning at every level and our students don`t learn subjects in silos. Through our cross-curricular STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) approach, they might use engineering in English class or art in a history presentation. They learn the "design thinking" method: a formula for using every applicable "tool" in their box to design and test solutions for real-world problems-and many concepts are taught via collaborative projects that emphasize process rather than end product. Students understand the how and the why behind everything they learn, and that failure is often a necessary step to success.
- Preschool focuses on creativity, play, and inquiry-and fosters a love of learning that sets the tone for the entire Far Hills experience. While core concepts are predefined, specific lessons are created based on students` interests and experiences. A book about a princess and dragons, for instance, might inspire an art class devoted to building cardboard castles.
- Lower School (KindergartenGrade 4) students develop academic concepts, and build social and problem solving skills through engaging projects. Recently, our fourth graders worked with teachers and master gardeners to create a plan for rehabilitating a garden on campus, honing science, math, and problem-solving skills in the process. We make sure that students are not only consumers of technology, but they are, first and foremost, creators, collaborators, critical thinkers and communicators.
- Upper School (Grades 58) students gain more autonomy and a sense of identity through field studies, project based learning, historical case studies, and experimental design or collective research. These long-term projects strengthen research and presentation skills and serve as a rewarding capstone to their Far Hills journey; while Adventure Trips to Cape Cod, the Adirondacks, and the Catskills reinforce classroom studies and allow students to bond with classmates and teachers.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Far Hills Country Day School cost?
What sports does Far Hills Country Day School offer?
What is Far Hills Country Day School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Far Hills Country Day School?
Endorse Far Hills Country Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards