First Lutheran School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- First Lutheran School offers a fully accredited program for pre-kindergarten children through the 8th grade.
- This program features academic and athletic excellence taught in a Lutheran Christian environment.
- Our mission is to create an atmosphere of calm, loving discipline and teach basic skills and Christian values, while developing independent thinking.
- Enable each child to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, and spiritually, thus establishing a strong foundation for a child to live a successful, positive, and fulfilling life.
- We dedicate ourselves to providing quality Christian education so our students will be able to live successful, positive and Christ-centered lives.
- Our Pastors have a major role in proclaiming the Gospel through the ministry of First Lutheran School.
- We maintain a qualified, dedicated, experienced, and degreed faculty.
- We strive for constant curriculum development and improvement through faculty study, in-service training,and cooperation with other schools.
- We strive to give each child individual attention by maintaining reasonable class sizes.
- We will work closely with parents so that church, school, and home may cooperate, to the Glory of God, in the education of the children in our care.
First Lutheran School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,030|
|Tuition Notes||State approved VPK provider. We accept Step Up For Students and MacKay Scholarships.|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Flag Football, Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
S.T.E.A.M., Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Fine Arts Festival
- All new families are required to meet with the principal and Pastor prior to acceptance. In addition, any previous school records must be provided so that we can assess a student's success in our program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clearwater Grades: K-12 | 134 students
1430 Belleair Rd
Clearwater, FL 33756
(727)442-2424 0.5 K-12
My son has been going to FLS since VPK, he is now in 1st grade, I'm so thankful that he is able to go to this school, I love the small class sizes, the teachers are just wonderful, if you're looking for a well-rounded school then I recommend calling FLS. You won't be disappointed.
- Posted by Parent - Maria
My son has attended FLS since 3rd grade (he is now in 6th), and it has been the Best! The teachers and staff are caring and involved. The curriculum is well rounded. My son has thrived since attending there. I would highly recommend FLS to any parent looking for a solid education for their child in a nurturing environment. Go Flames! :)
- Posted by Parent - danie
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.