- First Lutheran School offers a fully accredited program for pre-kindergarten children through the 8th grade.
- This program features academic and athletic excellence taught in a Lutheran Christian environment.
- Our mission is to create an atmosphere of calm, loving discipline and teach basic skills and Christian values, while developing independent thinking.
- Enable each child to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, and spiritually, thus establishing a strong foundation for a child to live a successful, positive, and fulfilling life.
- We dedicate ourselves to providing quality Christian education so our students will be able to live successful, positive and Christ-centered lives.
- Our Pastors have a major role in proclaiming the Gospel through the ministry of First Lutheran School.
- We maintain a qualified, dedicated, experienced, and degreed faculty.
- We strive for constant curriculum development and improvement through faculty study, in-service training,and cooperation with other schools.
- We strive to give each child individual attention by maintaining reasonable class sizes.
- We will work closely with parents so that church, school, and home may cooperate, to the Glory of God, in the education of the children in our care.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||State approved VPK provider. We accept Step Up For Students and MacKay Scholarships.|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Fine Arts Festival, Student Council Fine Arts Festival,
- All new families are required to meet with the principal and Pastor prior to acceptance. In addition, any previous school records must be provided so that we can assess a student's success in our program.
My son has attended FLS since 3rd grade (he is now in 6th), and it has been the Best! The teachers and staff are caring and involved. The curriculum is well rounded. My son has thrived since attending there. I would highly recommend FLS to any parent looking for a solid education for their child in a nurturing environment. Go Flames! :)
- Posted by Parent - danie
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.