- Fort Worth Country Day is a K-12 independent school located in Fort Worth, Texas.
- The mission of the School is to foster the intellectual, physical, emotional, and ethical development of capable students through an academically rigorous college preparatory program that integrates the arts and athletics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1064 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||147 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Language and Culture, Latin: Vergil, Macroeconomics, Music Theory, Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, Mechanics, Psychology (semester), Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art (Drawing, 2-D, 3-D), U.S. Government and Politics (semester), U.S. History,|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $20,430-22,000|
|Admissions Director||Kathy Lott|
|Admissions Associate||Ana Rojas|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ballet, Choir, Band, Common Ground, Cum Laude Society, Drum Line, Link Crew, MathCounts, Musical Theatre, National Junior Art Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), Orchestra, Plays/Musicals, Student Council, Theatre Tech Ballet, Choir, Band, Common Ground, Drum Line, Link Crew, MathCounts, Orchestra, Plays/Musicals, Theatre Tech, Cum Laude Society,
National Junior Art Honor Society,
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS),
- Drawing on a powerful 50-year foundation, Fort Worth Country Day enables faculty to practice the art of teaching as they engage, challenge and connect with a motivated K-12 student body that is inspired to be involved in the highest level of academics, arts and athletics, the School's long-honored "3A`s."
- The only Malone Family Foundation School in Texas, FWCD is a founding member of the Malone Schools Online Network (MSON) and one of only 21 independent schools nationwide providing MSON courses, networked through the Stanford University Online High School.
- Technology is infused into the academic program at FWCD. Students use iPads, laptop and desktop computers, and teachers use interactive whiteboard technology in their classrooms.
- FWCD students learn to think critically, engage in discussions and embrace learning.The School`s core values serve as a moral compass that drives thought and behavior. One hundred percent of FWCD students are accepted to a wonderful variety of national and international four-year colleges and universities, demonstrating an outstanding level of preparation and the ability to contribute positively to the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fort WorthGrades: K-12 | 990 students
7500 Dutch Branch Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76132
Fort WorthGrades: K-8 | 209 students
7301 Dutch Branch Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76132
Fort WorthGrades: PK-12 | 870 students
9700 Saints Cir
Fort Worth, TX 76108
ColleyvilleGrades: PK-12 | 707 students
901 Cheek Sparger Rd
Colleyville, TX 76034
ArlingtonGrades: PK-12 | 870 students
5900 West Pioneer Parkway
Arlington, TX 76013
100% of Country Day's students continue on to college after graduation. The music, arts, sports and extracurricular activities are outstanding and plentiful. The academics are rigorous but do-able. The term college prep really does describes Fort Worth Country Day. One of the best aspects of FWCD is the sense of community however. Teachers and students create a almost a family and a caring environment that fosters learning.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mvkar