Fort Worth Country Day
Fort Worth Country Day places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,055 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||147 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government and Politics (semester), Computer Science A, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Language and Culture, Latin: Vergil, Macroeconomics, Music Theory, Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, Mechanics, Psychology (semester), Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art (Drawing, 2-D, 3-D), U.S. History|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 12 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $21,910-27,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Caroline Lamsens|
|Admissions Associate||Payton Kerr|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Common Ground, Cum Laude Society, Link Crew, MathCounts, National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Band, Choir, Drum Line, Musical Theatre, National Junior Art Honor Society, Orchestra, Plays/Musicals, Theatre Tech
- Drawing on a powerful 57-year foundation, Fort Worth Country Day enables faculty to practice the art of teaching as they engage, challenge and connect with a motivated K-12 student body that is inspired to be involved in the highest level of academics, arts and athletics, the School's long-honored "3A`s."
- The only Malone Family Foundation School in Texas, FWCD is a founding member of the Malone Schools Online Network (MSON) and one of only 21 independent schools nationwide providing MSON courses, networked through the Stanford University Online High School.
- Technology is infused into the academic program at FWCD. Students use iPads, laptop and desktop computers, and teachers use interactive whiteboard technology in their classrooms.
- FWCD students learn to think critically, engage in discussions and embrace learning.The School`s core values serve as a moral compass that drives thought and behavior. One hundred percent of FWCD students are accepted to a wonderful variety of national and international four-year colleges and universities, demonstrating an outstanding level of preparation and the ability to contribute positively to the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Worth Grades: PK-12 | 1020 students
7500 Dutch Branch Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76132
(817) 321-0100 6.2 PK-12
- Fort Worth Grades: PK-12 | 1054 students
9700 Saints Cir
Fort Worth, TX 76108
(817) 560-5700 5.6 PK-12
Great school but not for everyone. Been involved with this school for 17 years and seen many changes, some better than others. Of late, vision seems more about marketing and optics.
- Posted by Parent - anonymous
All 4 of our children are unique learners, and one has learning differences. Country Day addresses all their individual needs. Facilities are the best in the city. Gorgeous learning environment dedicated to educating the whole child. Sending our children here has been the single most important thing we`ve done for them. The faculty is like our extended family, and the investment is worth it!
- Posted by Parent - Momof4
100% of Country Day's students continue on to college after graduation. The music, arts, sports and extracurricular activities are outstanding and plentiful. The academics are rigorous but do-able. The term college prep really does describes Fort Worth Country Day. One of the best aspects of FWCD is the sense of community however. Teachers and students create a almost a family and a caring environment that fosters learning.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mvkar