- Founded in 1982, Fort Worth Academy is a vibrant and exciting, co-educational, private, independent K-8 day school.
- The Academy is unique in its commitment to young people.
- Leading-edge, research-based approaches to teaching and learning in combination with a spirit of collaboration, cooperation, and kindness set the school apart.
- The faculty and staff are highly dedicated and committed to continuing their own learning.
- They work in partnership; side-by-side with students, parents, and each other. The atmosphere is comfortable, yet well-disciplined.
- Expectations are high, yet risk-taking is encouraged. With class sizes of no more than 15 students, relationships are strong and the community spirit is without equal.
- We are always looking ahead, yet the traditions of the past keep us solidly grounded.
- When your child enrolls, the whole family becomes part of something great.
- Joining the Academy means more than an exceptional private school education, it means participating in a history of excellence and innovation.
- The Academy, where the commitments are profound and the outcomes are incredible. The best education begins here.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||209 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,568|
|Tuition Notes||28% of our population receives financial aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Holly Kiser|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Rand, Ph.D.|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Softball, Track and Field,
- We focus on childhood, early adolescence and providing highly personalized instruction. Fort Worth Academy is uniquely prepared to ensure each student begins high school with a foundation for academic and lifelong success.
- We respect our students` unique strengths and learning profiles and progressively design courses of education that challenge, motivate and intrigue. Through this flexible and dynamic approach, your student will become increasingly confident, focused and enthusiastic about learning. And after actively participating in guiding the course of their own education, eighth grade students are prepared to make an informed choice about which high school to attend and are aggressively recruited by elite high schools.
- OUR COMMITMENTS ARE PROFOUND!
- Small classes and highly-personalized instruction
- Dynamic and creative teachers devoted to each and every child
- Exciting and academically challenging experiences focused on entrepreneurship, leadership and innovation
- OUR OUTCOMES ARE INCREDIBLE!
- Empowered, confident individuals who are making a difference
- Enthusiastic students who assume responsibility for their learning
- Exceptional graduates who are aggressively recruited by premier high schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fort WorthGrades: K-12 | 1064 students
4200 Country Day Lane
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Fort WorthGrades: PK-12 | 434 students
7050 Lake Country Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76179
Fort WorthGrades: PK-8 | 207 students
1800 West Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Fort WorthGrades: PK-8 | 114 students
2006 N Houston St
Fort Worth, TX 76164
Willow ParkGrades: PK-12 | 452 students
4954 E. I-20 Service Rd. South
Willow Park, TX 76087
Our two children attend Fort Worth Academy and are thriving at this incredible school. We moved to the area recently and were looking for a school with small class sizes, individual learning to help them reach their potential, all in a nurturing positive environment that would build a love of learning. Tall order, right? My husband and I believe wholehearted that we found just that here. We had a lot of options in private schools to choose from but there is truly something special about Fort Worth Academy. The staff members are passionate about providing the best education possible and it shows in everything they do. Maybe the most telling thing to us that Fort Worth Academy is the right fit, is how much our kids LOVE school. They can hardly wait to get out of the car each morning to start their day and are excited to tell me what they learned each afternoon. As a parent, it doesn't get much better than that!
- Posted by Parent - aspan
I have two kids in Lower School at Academy. Both are doing very well and enjoy school. They are happy walking into school and usually still happy at the end of the day. The curriculum is every bit as demanding as other area private schools but the approach to learning and the overall feel of the school is much more relaxed- which is a proven need for learning (higher stress results in reduced learning). We love that the class sizes are small and our kids are taking an active role in their learning. I've found that the teachers know and respect the students as individuals and usually allow each student to tailor projects to their own interests. I know I made the right choice whenever I see them happily skipping around the corner or so engrossed in their work that they don't even notice I'm there. I would recommend scheduling a visit to the school- it really does need to be experienced firsthand. And the welcome you get doesn't end after you sign the contract- it's a nice place to be and I feel good having my kids there.
- Posted by Parent - schul
This school has given my children the opportunity to develop into the respectful, kind and confident learners they are today. Fort Worth Academy tailors its instructional methods perfectly for the age and ability level of each of its students - including three similar yet distinct experiences for each of my children. In fact, it seems to far exceed the technological capacity of any of the other private schools in Fort Worth. Teachers know when to push as well as when to relax their demands on students. The academic preparation for high school is success is spot on. The athletics program provides opportunities for FUN, competition, growth and leadership. The social environment is small, kind and demands a high level of respect for each and every child, teacher and parent. I am so proud and grateful to be a part of this school community.
- Posted by Parent - nuha.
Fort Worth Academy is the best school in Fort Worth! The students enjoy school and learning. They are taught to succeed by allowing them to retake a test or quiz that they may have scored poorly on. It's a very encouraging environment. I LOVE seeing my Middle Schooler with a smile on his face!
- Posted by Parent - Cmpev
I have been so impressed with Fort Worth Academy! My son is currently in kindergarten and is excited to go to school every day. The staff and teachers exemplify passion and love in everything they do, and the small class sizes allow them to spend more time with individual students. My son has blossomed in this environment and my family feels so thankful to have found such an amazing school.
- Posted by Parent - sbran