Founded in 1982, Fort Worth Academy is a vibrant and exciting, co-educational, private, independent K-8 school.
FWA is unique in its commitment to authentic, project-based learning and its distinctive E.L.I. (entrepreneurship, leadership, innovation) initiative.
Leading-edge, research-based approaches to teaching and learning in combination with a spirit of collaboration, cooperation, and kindness set the school apart.
Expert faculty and staff are highly dedicated to student success and committed to continuing their own learning. They work in partnership; side-by-side with students, parents, and each other. The atmosphere is comfortable, yet well-disciplined.
Expectations are high, yet risk-taking is encouraged. With class sizes of no more than 15 students, relationships are strong and the community spirit is without equal.
We combine advanced academics with innovative methods. When your child enrolls, the whole family becomes part of something great.
Graduates are actively recruited by top high schools, and 99% of graduates enter their high school of first choice.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 181 students
- Yearly Tuition: $21,632
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 12 / Feb. 9 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 12 / Feb. 9 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition for the 2021-22 school year starts at $21,632 for the lowest grade (kindergarten) and caps at $24,360 for the highest (8th). 28% of our population receives financial aid.
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Chess Club, Karate, Lego/STEM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chess Club, Karate, Lego/STEM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- Fort Worth Academy focuses on childhood, early adolescence, andproviding highly personalized instruction. We are uniquely prepared to ensure each student begins high school with a foundation for academic and lifelong success.
- We respect our students` unique strengths and learning profiles and progressively design courses of education that challenge, motivate and intrigue. Through this flexible and dynamic approach, your student will become increasingly confident, focused, and enthusiastic about learning. And after actively participatingin guiding the course of their own education, eighth grade students are prepared to make an informed choice about which high school to attend and are aggressively recruited by elite high schools.
- Fort Worth Academy empowers young people to think critically, lead with empathy, and collaborate effectively, to become the innovators and problem solvers of tomorrow. Our students become self-aware, self-driven, courageous, confident, and creative Trailblazers.
- Innovation, curiosity, and creativity are key components of continual growth. Children have a natural curiosity about the world around them, which is developed through opportunities to question and challenge the status quo. Our innovative approach empowers children to be courageous and develop their own solutions to the problems and challenges they uncover.
- Excellence is achieved when growth opportunities are met with resilience and grit. We cultivate excellence. High expectations within an environment of integrity and respect inspire children to achieve their personal best. Learning from mistakes and embracing challenges cultivates an environment of excellence.
- Collaboration is the ability to work together, share ideas, communicate effectively, and respect differences. Inclusivity and empathy from the foundation of a collaborative environment. The best outcomes are driven by diversity of cultural backgrounds, opinions, talents, and ideas.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Fort Worth Academy cost?
Fort Worth Academy's tuition is approximately $21,632 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Fort Worth Academy?
The acceptance rate of Fort Worth Academy is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 85%.
What sports does Fort Worth Academy offer?
Fort Worth Academy offers 9 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for Fort Worth Academy?
The application deadline for Fort Worth Academy is Jan. 12 / Feb. 9 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 12 / Feb. 9 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
My children LOVE this school from the teachers the students to the challenging curriculum. Fort Worth Academy integrates compassion into their teaching standards, emphasizes the importance of values, and builds leaders through each of their classes and lessons. The administration is open minded and think outside the box to make Fort Worth Academy a successful educational experience for the students. My favorite part about Fort Worth Academy is knowing that they are committed to teaching the whole child, their approach is innovative and invaluable in fully preparing my children to be active participants in an ever changing world! We LOVE this school.
We looked at a lot of options for our daughter, but after careful consideration FWA seemed the perfect fit for our family. We have never regretted that decision because our expectations have been met in so many ways. Starting with the devoted teachers, the concerned administration and the vibrant atmosphere we could not of asked for more. We're looking forward to years ahead.
We moved from out of state and chose Fort Worth Academy for the small classroom sizes and the 1:1 curriculum. It is so wonderful to have a small teacher to child ratio as it allows an opportunity for the curriculum to be tailored to every style of learner. It is refreshing to see a school that sets every child up for academic success.
Our two children attend Fort Worth Academy and are thriving at this incredible school. We moved to the area recently and were looking for a school with small class sizes, individual learning to help them reach their potential, all in a nurturing positive environment that would build a love of learning. Tall order, right? My husband and I believe wholehearted that we found just that here. We had a lot of options in private schools to choose from but there is truly something special about Fort Worth Academy. The staff members are passionate about providing the best education possible and it shows in everything they do. Maybe the most telling thing to us that Fort Worth Academy is the right fit, is how much our kids LOVE school. They can hardly wait to get out of the car each morning to start their day and are excited to tell me what they learned each afternoon. As a parent, it doesn't get much better than that!
I have two kids in Lower School at Academy. Both are doing very well and enjoy school. They are happy walking into school and usually still happy at the end of the day. The curriculum is every bit as demanding as other area private schools but the approach to learning and the overall feel of the school is much more relaxed- which is a proven need for learning (higher stress results in reduced learning). We love that the class sizes are small and our kids are taking an active role in their learning. I've found that the teachers know and respect the students as individuals and usually allow each student to tailor projects to their own interests. I know I made the right choice whenever I see them happily skipping around the corner or so engrossed in their work that they don't even notice I'm there. I would recommend scheduling a visit to the school- it really does need to be experienced firsthand. And the welcome you get doesn't end after you sign the contract- it's a nice place to be and I feel good having my kids there.
This school has given my children the opportunity to develop into the respectful, kind and confident learners they are today. Fort Worth Academy tailors its instructional methods perfectly for the age and ability level of each of its students - including three similar yet distinct experiences for each of my children. In fact, it seems to far exceed the technological capacity of any of the other private schools in Fort Worth. Teachers know when to push as well as when to relax their demands on students. The academic preparation for high school is success is spot on. The athletics program provides opportunities for FUN, competition, growth and leadership. The social environment is small, kind and demands a high level of respect for each and every child, teacher and parent. I am so proud and grateful to be a part of this school community.
Fort Worth Academy is the best school in Fort Worth! The students enjoy school and learning. They are taught to succeed by allowing them to retake a test or quiz that they may have scored poorly on. It's a very encouraging environment. I LOVE seeing my Middle Schooler with a smile on his face!
I have been so impressed with Fort Worth Academy! My son is currently in kindergarten and is excited to go to school every day. The staff and teachers exemplify passion and love in everything they do, and the small class sizes allow them to spend more time with individual students. My son has blossomed in this environment and my family feels so thankful to have found such an amazing school.
Endorse Fort Worth Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.