Fort Worth Academy
5.00 (7 reviews)
Tel: (817) 370-1191
- Founded in 1982, Fort Worth Academy is a vibrant and exciting, co-educational, private, independent K-8 day school.
- The Academy is unique in its commitment to authetic, project-based learning and its distinctive E.L.I. (entrepreneurship, leadership, innovation) initiative.
- Leading-edge, research-based approaches to teaching and learning in combination with a spirit of collaboration, cooperation, and kindness set the school apart.
- The expert faculty and staff members are highly dedicated to student success and committed to continuing their own learning.
- They work in partnership; side-by-side with students, parents, and each other. The atmosphere is comfortable, yet well-disciplined.
- Expectations are high, yet risk-taking is encouraged. With class sizes of no more than 15 students, relationships are strong and the community spirit is without equal.
- We combine advanced academics with innovative methods. When your child enrolls, the whole family becomes part of something great.
- Graduates are actively recruited by top high schools, and 99% of graduates enter their high school of first choice.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||209 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition starts at $19,750 for the lowest grade and caps at $22,240 for the highest. 28% of our population receives financial aid.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Rand|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
- We focus on childhood, early adolescence and providing highly personalized instruction. Fort Worth Academy is uniquely prepared to ensure each student begins high school with a foundation for academic and lifelong success.
- We respect our students` unique strengths and learning profiles and progressively design courses of education that challenge, motivate and intrigue. Through this flexible and dynamic approach, your student will become increasingly confident, focused and enthusiastic about learning. And after actively participating in guiding the course of their own education, eighth grade students are prepared to make an informed choice about which high school to attend and are aggressively recruited by elite high schools.
- OUR COMMITMENTS: Small classes and highly-personalized instruction, Dynamic and creative teachers devoted to each and every child, and Exciting and academically challenging experiences focused on entrepreneurship, leadership and innovation.
- OUR OUTCOMES ARE INCREDIBLE: Graduates that are empowered, confident individuals who are making a difference; Enthusiastic students who assume responsibility for their learning; Exceptional graduates who are aggressively recruited by premier high schools, with 99% admitted to the first-choice high school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Worth Grades: K-8 | 81 students
7501 Crowley Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76134
(817) 568-0021 4.4 K-8
- Fort Worth Grades: PK-8 | 154 students
2006 N Houston St
Fort Worth, TX 76164
(817) 624-2670 9.8 PK-8
- Fort Worth Grades: NS-8 | 41 students
2401 Oakland Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76103
(817) 534-2189 11.2 NS-8
We looked at a lot of options for our daughter, but after careful consideration FWA seemed the perfect fit for our family. We have never regretted that decision because our expectations have been met in so many ways. Starting with the devoted teachers, the concerned administration and the vibrant atmosphere we could not of asked for more. We're looking forward to years ahead.
- Posted by Parent - Julie W.
We moved from out of state and chose Fort Worth Academy for the small classroom sizes and the 1:1 curriculum. It is so wonderful to have a small teacher to child ratio as it allows an opportunity for the curriculum to be tailored to every style of learner. It is refreshing to see a school that sets every child up for academic success.
- Posted by Parent - TBR
Our two children attend Fort Worth Academy and are thriving at this incredible school. We moved to the area recently and were looking for a school with small class sizes, individual learning to help them reach their potential, all in a nurturing positive environment that would build a love of learning. Tall order, right? My husband and I believe wholehearted that we found just that here. We had a lot of options in private schools to choose from but there is truly something special about Fort Worth Academy. The staff members are passionate about providing the best education possible and it shows in everything they do. Maybe the most telling thing to us that Fort Worth Academy is the right fit, is how much our kids LOVE school. They can hardly wait to get out of the car each morning to start their day and are excited to tell me what they learned each afternoon. As a parent, it doesn't get much better than that!
- Posted by Parent - aspan
I have two kids in Lower School at Academy. Both are doing very well and enjoy school. They are happy walking into school and usually still happy at the end of the day. The curriculum is every bit as demanding as other area private schools but the approach to learning and the overall feel of the school is much more relaxed- which is a proven need for learning (higher stress results in reduced learning). We love that the class sizes are small and our kids are taking an active role in their learning. I've found that the teachers know and respect the students as individuals and usually allow each student to tailor projects to their own interests. I know I made the right choice whenever I see them happily skipping around the corner or so engrossed in their work that they don't even notice I'm there. I would recommend scheduling a visit to the school- it really does need to be experienced firsthand. And the welcome you get doesn't end after you sign the contract- it's a nice place to be and I feel good having my kids there.
- Posted by Parent - schul
This school has given my children the opportunity to develop into the respectful, kind and confident learners they are today. Fort Worth Academy tailors its instructional methods perfectly for the age and ability level of each of its students - including three similar yet distinct experiences for each of my children. In fact, it seems to far exceed the technological capacity of any of the other private schools in Fort Worth. Teachers know when to push as well as when to relax their demands on students. The academic preparation for high school is success is spot on. The athletics program provides opportunities for FUN, competition, growth and leadership. The social environment is small, kind and demands a high level of respect for each and every child, teacher and parent. I am so proud and grateful to be a part of this school community.
- Posted by Parent - nuha.
Fort Worth Academy is the best school in Fort Worth! The students enjoy school and learning. They are taught to succeed by allowing them to retake a test or quiz that they may have scored poorly on. It's a very encouraging environment. I LOVE seeing my Middle Schooler with a smile on his face!
- Posted by Parent - Cmpev
I have been so impressed with Fort Worth Academy! My son is currently in kindergarten and is excited to go to school every day. The staff and teachers exemplify passion and love in everything they do, and the small class sizes allow them to spend more time with individual students. My son has blossomed in this environment and my family feels so thankful to have found such an amazing school.
- Posted by Parent - sbran
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.