Furtah Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Furtah Prep School is a private school, in Acworth, GA, that serves students in Cherokee, Cobb, Bartow, Paulding, and Fulton counties, including the cities of Acworth, Woodstock, Kennesaw, Marietta, Cartersville, Canton, Waleska, Ball Ground, Roswell, Alpharetta, and north Atlanta area.
- Frederick J. Furtah Preparatory School strives to inspire hope in every student, with regard to academic, social, physical, and creative achievement.
- Furtah Prep's core belief is that hope is vital to a child's success; therefore, by providing that hope, we are able to unlock the potential in every child and to change lives.
- FPS admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded and made available to students at the school.
- FPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marietta Grades: K-12
2960 Shallowford Road, Suite 308
Marietta, GA 30062
(770)973-0209 8.4 K-12
- Bluffton Grades: NS-6 | 171 students
Po Box 2557/ 60 Calhoun St.
Bluffton, SC 29910
(843)757-2312 251.2 NS-6
My oldest attended FPS from kindergarden through his graduation in 2015, and my youngest currently attends as a 6th grader. Both of my sons had reading challenges, and they have both flourished at this school - the classes are inclusive, but students are also given one-on-one instruction - Mr. Furtah himself teaches reading enrichment classes. In the last few years, our family has also become involved in the international student program, and have hosted students from all over the world, including China, Turkey, Spain, Italy and Germany - the experiences they have here are incredible. If you are looking for a diverse school population, you would be hard-pressed to find one more so than Furtah. Every school has challenges and no school is a perfect fit for every student, but because FPS is a small school, each student really can receive attention and support. If your child is struggling in a large school setting, then I would highly suggest giving FPS your consideration.
- Posted by Parent - Sabates
Any parent who loses sleep because their child isn't fitting in public school needs to consider Furtah Prep, especially if their child has ADD, ADHD, Aspergers, high-functioning Autism, Dyslexia or some other learning difference. Furtah recognizes that these students have a learning difference not a learning disability. If a student is acting out at home or socially, becomes withdrawn, fights too frequently with siblings, has poor self-esteem or low feelings of self-worth, they could have a reading difficulty that can be corrected at Furtah Prep. You should check out this school.
- Posted by Parent - timgr
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.