- Furtah Prep School is a private school, in Acworth, GA, that serves students in Cherokee, Cobb, Bartow, Paulding, and Fulton counties, including the cities of Acworth, Woodstock, Kennesaw, Marietta, Cartersville, Canton, Waleska, Ball Ground, Roswell, Alpharetta, and north Atlanta area.
- Frederick J. Furtah Preparatory School strives to inspire hope in every student, with regard to academic, social, physical, and creative achievement.
- Furtah Prep's core belief is that hope is vital to a child's success; therefore, by providing that hope, we are able to unlock the potential in every child and to change lives.
- FPS admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded and made available to students at the school.
- FPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AcworthGrades: PK-12 | 74 students
3460 Kellogg Creek Road
Acworth, GA 30102
WoodstockGrades: K-12 | 380 students
3075 Trickum Rd
Woodstock, GA 30188
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 228 students
260 Hawkins Store Rd Ne
Kennesaw, GA 30144
AcworthGrades: PK-KG | 78 students
1680 Brookstone Walk Nw
Acworth, GA 30101
AlpharettaGrades: PK-12 | 753 students
2765 Bethany Bend
Alpharetta, GA 30004
My oldest attended FPS from kindergarden through his graduation in 2015, and my youngest currently attends as a 6th grader. Both of my sons had reading challenges, and they have both flourished at this school - the classes are inclusive, but students are also given one-on-one instruction - Mr. Furtah himself teaches reading enrichment classes. In the last few years, our family has also become involved in the international student program, and have hosted students from all over the world, including China, Turkey, Spain, Italy and Germany - the experiences they have here are incredible. If you are looking for a diverse school population, you would be hard-pressed to find one more so than Furtah. Every school has challenges and no school is a perfect fit for every student, but because FPS is a small school, each student really can receive attention and support. If your child is struggling in a large school setting, then I would highly suggest giving FPS your consideration.
- Posted by Parent - Sabates
Any parent who loses sleep because their child isn't fitting in public school needs to consider Furtah Prep, especially if their child has ADD, ADHD, Aspergers, high-functioning Autism, Dyslexia or some other learning difference. Furtah recognizes that these students have a learning difference not a learning disability. If a student is acting out at home or socially, becomes withdrawn, fights too frequently with siblings, has poor self-esteem or low feelings of self-worth, they could have a reading difficulty that can be corrected at Furtah Prep. You should check out this school.
- Posted by Parent - timgr