Futures Academy - San Diego
Futures Academy - San Diego Photo #3 - At Futures Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
Futures Academy - San Diego Photo #4 - At Futures, learn at your pace and on your schedule with one student to one teacher class sizes.
- Students learn differently, and Futures Academy understands that. Since 1985, Futures Academy has helped more than 19,000 students achieve educational success with the personalized 1:1 instruction model it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditional classroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists, Futures' personalized approach to teaching and flexible scheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school. Futures Academy offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well as part-time students who want to remediate or accelerate their traditional school curriculum.
- Futures Academy offers more than 170 courses, 27 Honors and 18 AP, as well as a variety of social activities and clubs.
- At Futures Academy, we are school reimagined. Futures is WASC Accredited and UC, CSU & NCAA Approved
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,800|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional – Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote|
|Admissions Director||Brittany Baker|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
dance and theatre club, Leadership, yearbook
- Futures Academy campuses are private, college-prep schools that serve students who learn better outside the traditional classroom model. We believe students can reach their full potential with personalized instruction that instills confidence, character and the lifelong love of learning. On our campuses you will find close-knit communities that foster academic achievement and personal development.
- In education, one size does not fit all. When an instructor tailors a teaching method to the unique needs of each student, the chances of learning success increases exponentially. Futures teachers use numerous techniques to present course work in a creative and fun way so that the student retains the information and enjoys the learning process. One-to-one education is a great option due to more individual attention, less distractions, improved communication and increased flexibility.
- Grown from a single campus in 1985, Futures Academy now has multiple campuses and is committed to providing education solutions for families throughout California. Majority of our students have gone on to attend well-reputed colleges and universities.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Escondido Grades: K-12 | 63 students
1717 E Lincoln Ave
Escondido, CA 92027
(760)738-1737 16.1 K-12
- Vista Grades: 3-12 | 64 students
216 W Los Angeles Dr
Vista, CA 92083
(760)630-4035 21.9 3-12
- Escondido Grades: K-12 | 29 students
221 W 7th Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
(760)489-1080 13.9 K-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.