- The mission of Gardenview Montessori is to evoke children`s love of learning using a Montessori curriculum to serve the needs of the whole child.
- Our mission is to provide an environment that will enable children and adults to realize and express their innate goodness, their joy in learning and their responsibility as caring, peaceful, global citizens.
- We believe children should be offered respect and encouragement to explore, to question, to repeat, and to perfect their skills.
- The carefully created and beautifully maintained environment promotes freedom of movement and a developing sense of order.
- The staff at Gardenview Montessori are all loving and caring individuals who have had extensive experience working with children.
- Most have been and are still Montessori parents. Our school is a designated 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- All of the funds raised for Gardenview Montessori, including fundraising and donations, go directly back into the school to purchase equipment, support staff training, maintain the building, and offer scholarships to families in need.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 20 / Dec. 1|
|Admissions Director||Kelda Adair|
|Admissions Associate||John Adair|
- Gardenview Montessori is a private, non-profit school for children 18 months - 6 years. It was established in 2004 by a group of parents with children in local Montessori programs throughout the area. They sought highly competent and dedicated faculty with extensive Montessori experience. Class sizes are limited to 12 in the toddler class and 20 in the preschool class with at least 2 adults.
- The Montessori classroom is a specially prepared environment geared to meet the needs of the children in attendance. The furniture is child-sized and moveable to maximize comfort and ease. The children learn and make discoveries in this well-planned environment because it contains interest-based activities that they can handle, manipulate, stack, sort, and compare. This environment helps children to sharpen their powers of observation and develop a trust in their own ability to learn. Each piece of material is created and designed to further the child`s experience and development of more abstract knowledge.Children are allowed to move about freely, choosing activities according to their skill level and interest. The children can choose where to place their materials (on a floor mat or at a table) and who to do the activity with. Sometimes children work in pairs, small groups, or by themselves, but always at their own pace
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bellingham Grades: PK-6 | 56 students
Bellingham, WA 98225
(360)714-1762 0.4 PK-6
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.