- Our mission is to cluster cognitively gifted students in small groups with their intellectual peers and provide them with an inquiry-based, accelerated, self-paced curriculum in a school environment that celebrates them for who they are.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Cognitive Giftedness|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 18 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,255|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is for 193 days of instruction, staggered year-round, and includes aftercare from 3:15-5:00pm|
|Admissions Director||Sandy Jacklin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Arts and music, French and Japanese, Indian Music, Martial Arts
- GATE Academy is an inquiry-based school for deep, reflective thinkers-children who have a passion for knowing and understanding. Our students delight in exercising logic, spotting contradictions a mile away, and taking fantastic leaps of imagination that are as deep a need to them as sleeping and breathing. Because our students have been taught to take ownership over their education-from formatting questions and conducting research, to analyzing data and content, to being completely dialed into discussions and presentations-GATE is a school where students are wholly engaged. We are located on the beautiful St. Vincent campus in San Rafael.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mill Valley Grades: K-8 | 69 students
70 Lomita Dr Ste D
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(916)488-2515 8.8 K-8
- Brentwood Grades: K-8 | 205 students
2401 Shady Willow Lane
Brentwood, CA 94513
(925)634-0493 43.8 K-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.