Gig Harbor Academy
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-5
- Enrollment: 175 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,820
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
There is no dress code at GHA
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess, Robotics Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cross-Country, Soccer, Track and Field
- Gig Harbor Academy seeks to empower young minds through joyful discovery, create a passion for critical thinking, and unlock the potential in every student. This vision imbues the entire school program, beginning in early childhood and developed through elementary.
- Gig Harbor Academy`s preschool is a fully-licensed, emergent curriculum-based program. Emergent learning allows each student to learn as a result of their own doing and recognizes the individuality of each child. The program promotes developmentally appropriate practices and provides opportunities for social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth. Gig Harbor Academy provides an environment where children can learn and play outdoors, develop their own ideas, and discover the world around them. Preschoolers experience Music, Physical Education, Science, and Spanish instruction, in addition to active learning with their classroom teacher. Part-time and full-time options are available.
- Our fully-licensed Pre-K program is designed specifically for four and five year olds. This structured program focuses on developing each student`s academic and social emotional skills set in preparation for their entry into Kindergarten. The Pre-K program helps children develop independence, self-confidence, and curiosity through an inquiry-based approach. Pre-K students engage in Music, Physical Education, Science, and Spanish, in addition to visiting the Library. Pre-K graduates are poised to excel in GHA`s Kindergarten with foundational academic understandings, in addition to having experienced how to positively contribute to a classroom community. Part-time and full-time options are available.
- Gig Harbor Academy`s elementary program invites Kindergarten through Fifth Graders into a student-centered, experiential learning journey. Teachers are equipped to recognize the individual needs of each student and partner closely with families to promote academic and social-emotional growth. Embracing an inquiry-based approach to instruction, students are empowered to generate questions, participate in collaborative and sustained investigation, and demonstrate understanding with informed action. Our expansive outdoor campus and connection to the community present creative opportunities to bring learning to life beyond the confines of a classroom. The core academic content areas are complimented by vast specialist offerings, including Art, Library, Music, Physical Education, Science, Spanish and Technology.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Gig Harbor Academy cost?
Gig Harbor Academy's tuition is approximately $15,820 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Gig Harbor Academy?
The acceptance rate of Gig Harbor Academy is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 85%.
What sports does Gig Harbor Academy offer?
Gig Harbor Academy offers 4 interscholastic sports: Cross Country, Dance, Soccer and Track and Field.
When is the application deadline for Gig Harbor Academy?
The application deadline for Gig Harbor Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Gig Harbor Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards