Glades Day School
- Founded in 1965 by parents, Glades Day School continues to be governed by parents in providing an alternative educational opportunity.
- Based on the traditional neighborhood school, Glades Day stresses high moral values, character and scholastic achievement.
- Our philosophy is to educate each student to the best of our ability in order to prepare him/her for a productive life. We accomplish this by concentrating on the mastery of basic skills in the areas of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and physical education.
- At Glades Day School, we offer a balance of academic, athletic and extracurricular activities.
- Our graduates have attended and received degrees from some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country, including those in the Ivy League.
- We provide our students the opportunity to develop in a school setting, which in addition to our academic subjects, offers a full range of programs, including computer technology, foreign language and musical arts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)|
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||252 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP Human Geography, AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition, AP Macroeconomics, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,700|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies with grade level|
|Admissions Director||Bobbi Lou Christmas|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Drama Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Future Farmers of America, Garden Club, National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society, Student Council
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: K-12 | 2161 students
150 S. Pine Island Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324
(866) 306-0247 47 K-12
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: PK-12 | 1726 students
1501 Ne 62nd St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
(954) 492-4135 47.6 PK-12