Good Shepherd Catholic Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (718) 339-2745
- The Good Shepherd School philosophy is rooted in the belief that each child is made in the image and likeness of God, uniquely called to love, learn and share life to the fullest.
- As a Catholic School, our teachings are based on the Gospel message of Jesus Christ so that our students will be able to live in a society as responsible Christians, aware of their obligations to God, neighbor and self.
- Every student is encouraged to develop as a total person intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.
- Our school community seeks to provide an atmosphere where all are enabled to experience positive interactions with others.
- This leads to an increase in self-worth and self-respect and growth to the fullest potential.
- School activities provide a variety of experiences upon which sound judgments can be made and mutual respect developed.
- It is in this atmosphere that Christian values will become, for all, a reality and a life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||328 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-10 | 418 students
1413 45th St
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(718) 854-0800 3.3 PK-10
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 236 students
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 858-5100 6.4 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
1260 Ocean Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 859-1313 2.1 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-5 | 129 students
2739 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11210
(718) 421-9581 2.3 NS-5
- Brooklyn Grades: 6-12 | 57 students
1 Metrotech Center North, Suite 1004
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 522-3286 6.6 6-12
I love my school! Good Shepherd Academy in Brooklyn has caring and attentive teachers. The principal Mr. O'Brien is great. He greets students and parents every morning by the door! I called my school the learning museum!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Wei
The school offers a wonderful learning and nurturing environment with its positive faculty. Everyone is caring and helpful, the education the children receive is excellent. I couldn't be happier with my child's development at Good Shepherd Catholic Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
I attended Good Shepherd along with all of my siblings in the 1960s as did my Father and his three brothers before us. We Loved our School and Parish and we think back on our time at Good shepherd with nothing but thankfulness to have had the opportunity to receive that level of education in our early years.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - thewh
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.