- Good Shepherd Episcopal School challenges each child to achieve academic excellence within a nurturing, Christian environment that builds character and respect for all God's creation.
- Good Shepherd Episcopal School challenges students with an academically rigorous, integrated curriculum that enhances core subjects with art, music, foreign language, technology, physical fitness, and extracurricular activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,000|
|Tuition Notes||K-5: $10,000 Middle School (Grades 6-8): $10,400|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Mandy Flowers|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Mountain Biking, SoccerBasketball, Mountain Biking,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Basketball, Creative Writing Club, Cuong Nhu, JV and Varsity Soccer, Lego Club, Lego Robotics Basketball, Cuong Nhu, Lego Club, Lego Robotics, Creative Writing Club,
JV and Varsity Soccer,
- Good Shepherd Episcopal School challenges each child to achieve academic excellence within a nurturing, Christian environment that builds character and respect for all God's creation. Good Shepherd Episcopal School challenges students with an academically rigorous, integrated curriculum that enhances core subjects with art, music, foreign language, technology, physical fitness, and extracurricular activities. We provide a Christian community that honors, celebrates and worships God within the Episcopal tradition in cooperation with the Church. Good Shepherd's mission is "to know Christ and make him known". We develop intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a lifelong love of learning. We foster spiritual, physical, cultural and social development within a nurturing and loving environment. We seek to develop student citizens by balancing self-confidence with responsibility and compassion, leadership with cooperation, intellectual challenge with social acceptance and tolerance.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 151 students
3418 Noble Ave
Richmond, VA 23222
HenricoGrades: K-8 | 291 students
499 N Parham Rd
Henrico, VA 23229
RichmondGrades: K-8 | 460 students
6011 York Rd
Richmond, VA 23226
RichmondGrades: PK-12 | 329 students
3400 Brook Road
Richmond, VA 23227
11600 Gayton Rd
Richmond, VA 23238
My 7th grade child has THRIVED at Good Shepherd Episcopal School. We have been a part of the community since he was in kindergarten and could not have asked for a better education or more safe, nurturing, and familial environment. It's the most affordable fully-accredited (VAIS) school in Richmond. It offers all of the academics (including Spanish starting in kindergarten) as well as a diverse range of extra-curricular classes and activities. Perhaps most importantly, there is a maximum class size of fifteen. The average class size is ten, the ideal for maximizing individual attention. You would be remiss were you not to research and visit Good Shepherd while shopping for your elementary and/or middle school child's perfect school home.
- Posted by Parent - Blake Chapman
GSES is a small school with so much to offer for the price. There is a tremendous amount of parental involvement and the staff (many of whom have children attending the school) go through great efforts in providing creative academic and artistic learning opportunities for the children. They are very encouraging and promote self confidence in children with a variety of challenges/differences.
- Posted by Parent - E.
I am a parent of two children at GSES and we have been very happy with the school - Grades 4 and Kindgergarten. All children at GSES receive a personalized/individualized education experience and this has been excellent for our kids. We enjoy the safe, family feel of the school and the different extracurricular & enrichment activities like sports, art and languages. The teachers are great and kids couldn't be happier! GSES is a wonderful school and community for our family.
- Posted by Parent - brooc
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.