Good Shepherd Lutheran School
- Good Shepherd Lutheran School exists to encourage high academic and individual achievements using each child's God-given capabilities; nurture in Christian love and forgiveness each child's academic, spiritual, mental, physical, and social growth; put Christ into all aspects of the curriculum, following His example in our daily living together; and encourage children to serve their Lord and and to serve and care for each other.
- We provide a complete elementary school curriculum with a reading program that is heavily phonetic. Christian values and morality actively taught in the class.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Simi Valley Grades: K-6 | 348 students
1717 Arcane Street
Simi Valley, CA 93065
(805)527-0101 2.4 K-6
- Camarillo Grades: K-8 | 306 students
1101 E Ponderosa Drive
Camarillo, CA 93010
(805)383-2672 18.6 K-8
- Fillmore Grades: K-8 | 69 students
461 Central Ave
Fillmore, CA 93015
(805)524-1572 12.8 K-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.