Good Shepherd Lutheran School
Good Shepherd Lutheran School provides infant daycare from 6 weeks old, along with full and half day toddler classes, full and half day nursery classes and full day Pre-K. Our Summer "SPLASH" program is for 6 weeks through 12 years old. We offer full and halfday sessions for eight weeks. Our 5 acre campus includes a fully air-conditioned facilty with nine spacious classrooms, a gymnasium and a large, fenced-in playround.
Licensed by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, we provide before and after care, from 7am to 6pm. We also hold Voluntary Pre-School Registration with New York State Department of Education.
All teachers have education degrees; all staff is certified CPR/AED/First Aid, 6 staff members are MAT (medication administration) certified.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Enrollment: 139 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition rates vary based on program: full day, half day, and the number of days per week.
- Good Shepherd Lutheran School provides an infant daycare program. ages 6 weeks to 18 months, along with a full- and half day toddler progrm, ages 18 months to 36 months. We also have full and haf day nursery classes fpr three year olds and full day and extended day Pre-K classes.for four year olds. The Summer program is for ages infant through 12 years old and offers full and half day programs for two week sessions for a total of eight weeks. Our 5 acre campus includes a fully air-conditioned facilty with seven spacious classrooms, children's library, gymnasium and a large, fenced-in playround. Licensed by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, we provide Before and After Care, with hours of 7am to 6pm. We also are a NYS Education Department non-public registered school. All teachers have early childhood education degrees (BAs and MAs); All staff is certified in CPR/AED & First Aid, Selected staff members are also MAT certified for medication administration...
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Good Shepherd Lutheran School?
The application deadline for Good Shepherd Lutheran School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Good Shepherd Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.