Hebrew Academy Of Nassau-plainview Campus
- The Hebrew Academy of Nassau County (HANC) educates boys and girls from nursery through high school throughout Long Island by providing a high quality and thorough curriculum rooted in Torah (religious studies) and mada (general studies), based in academic excellence.
- HANC provides a dynamic, Orthodox Jewish education that fosters intellectual and spiritual understanding and love of Torah, and commitment to its mitzvot and values.
- An emphasis on midot tovot (good character) infuses all aspects of school life.
- HANC provides a challenging curriculum in general studies according to the highest educational standards as a complement to, and enhancement of, Torah study.
- By creating a climate of active intellectual inquiry in both disciplines, HANC encourages exploration and understanding of the world.
- HANC emphasizes the responsibility of each Jew toward G-d and all people.
- HANC instills in its students Ahavat Yisrael-love of Israel--as embracing the Land and State of Israel, and fellow Jews.
- HANC inculcates in its students the ideals of the American democratic heritage of freedom, justice and human dignity.
- HANC, in keeping with its long-standing goal of "chanoch lana'ar al pi darkho" (teach a child according to his abilities), provides a stimulating education for students with differing levels of academic ability and from differing backgrounds according to the various individual needs of the students.
- HANC partners with parents to nurture each student to develop as an entire person.
- By providing diverse academic and extracurricular programs, HANC enables and encourages students to discover and excel in fields in which they can lead meaningful lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plainview Grades: NS-PK | 139 students
99 Central Park Rd
Plainview, NY 11803
(516) 349-1966 0.3 NS-PK
- Plainview Grades: K-1 | 99 students
1191 Old Country Rd
Plainview, NY 11803
(516) 938-0894 0.8 K-1
- Melville Grades: PK-K | 204 students
313 Round Swamp Rd
Melville, NY 11747
(631) 692-6361 1.7 PK-K