Good Shepherd Lutheran School
Sarasota Lutheran School is in ministry to nurture the whole child and family within the context of God`s gracious purposes through educational excellence for a life which positively impacts society.
We are honored to assume responsibility for Sarasota Lutheran School and commit ourselves to this guiding principle.
We affirm our commitment to the finest education process; we understand the importance of early childhood learning, the necessity of excellent teachers, of pleasant surroundings, responsibility and respect.
We are committed to the principle that the process of education is as important as the education itself.
Finally we are committed to the continual enhancement of both curriculum and facilities.
Our staff is committed to its calling, and that is why they have chosen to serve in our school.
They understand and accept the dignity and integrity of each student; that each is a gift from our creating and redeeming God.
They are committed to helping the student develop his/her gifts to the best of their ability.
We believe we are offering the finest educational process, a place where the students not only develop their God-given talents, but also the purposes for which they were given.
Our students are the citizens of tomorrow, medical people, educators, clergy, every occupation of human life.
We will educate today for an effective tomorrow. We strive to connect their capabilities with God`s gracious purposes, so that the "tomorrows" of human life are blessed by what we do here today.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Students: 75 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 45%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Good Shepher Lutheran Church and School is committed to the spirtual welfare and Christian education of the children enrolled in our school. We view our relationship with you and your child(ren) as a partnership. This partnership includes Christian teachings at school, church, and most importantly, at home. We strive to work together to help each child develop his or her full potential spirtitually, emotionally, socially, physically, and cognitively.
Endorse Good Shepherd Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.