Good Shepherd School
Good Shepherd School Photo #2 - PK3 and UPK programs available tuition-fee through the NYC DOE. Apply on the DOE website.
Good Shepherd School Photo #10 - Our Theater Program led by a professional actor produces two full-length productions every school year (one fall play and one spring musical). Students take part as actors, stage managers, stage crew, and learn the basics of lighting design, prop crew, set design, and sound design.
- Good Shepherd School is dedicated to providing a quality education that prepares critically thinking, socially capable, spiritually sensitive and culturally aware individuals, who can use all the academic disciplines and the latest technology for personal and professional success and service to others in the 21st century.
- Good Shepherd School has and continues to serve as a spiritual anchor to all who have passed through its doors.
- The school is located at the most northern tip of Manhattan across the street from beautiful Inwood Park.
- We offer a Catholic education to students in grades pre-kindergarten (3 years old) to eighth grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||293 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,200|
|Tuition Notes||One Child - $5,200 Two Children - $9,115 Three Children - $12,998|
|Admissions Director||Meghan Ginley|
|Admissions Associate||Hilda Kennedy|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Lacrosse, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Harry Potter Club, Homework Help, Robotics Club, Student Council, Tutoring, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Crafts Club, Choir, Dance Club, Theater Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Good Shepherd School has been an academic anchor of Inwood, NYC since 1925. Our graduates and alumni remain closely tied to GSS and continue to support our school and our students.
- Good Shepherd School follows a blended learning Common Core curriculum and offers a wide variety of extracurriculars and athletics.
- Dodgeball, basketball, baseball, and track clubs are very popular with our students, and on a given day after-school, you will find students from the Theater Program rehearsing a play or musical onstage.
- Students also take part in clubs like Harry Potter Club, Homework Help, Arts & Crafts, Tutoring, Yearbook, and Student Council.
- Our school has out-performed other charter and private schools on both ELA and Math State Tests.
- We take pride in our academic resources and facilities, featuring: SmartTVs in every classroom, interactive Chromebook program, newly upgraded computer labs, library, gymnasium, and fine arts room.
- At graduation, Good Shepherd School students are well-positioned to succeed in high school. Our graduates have mastered core academic skills and are problem-solvers, critical thinkers, innovators, multi-taskers, and collaborators. Our administration, faculty, and counseling staff are actively involved in the high school selection and enrollment process. Whether meeting one-on-one with families to determine what high school is the "best fit" for a student, to writing letters of recommendation, we are committed to helping our students take the next step in their academic careers.
- Here are some of the schools our students have been accepted to, with scholarships: Academy of Mount St. Ursula, All Hallows, Archbishop Stepinac, Cardinal Hayes, Cardinal Spellman, Fordham Prep, High School of American Studies Lehman College, La Salle, Mount Saint Michael, Notre Dame, Regis High School, Saint Jean Baptiste, Saint Vincent Ferrer, and Xavier High School.
- At Good Shepherd School, we celebrate our Catholic faith together. Each morning, the entire school gathers in the auditorium for morning prayer.
- The school community ends the week every Friday afternoon by celebrating Mass with family, friends, and parishioners of Church of the Good Shepherd. Students receive age-appropriate religious education on a daily basis.
- Students in 2nd Grade prepare for and receive the sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist. Students in 7th and 8th Grade prepare for and receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Through service projects, students put their faith into action to benefit those in need. Recent projects have included: Pennies for Patients benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Lenten Offering benefitting the Church of Good Shepherd`s weekly Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 312 students
71 Arden St
New York, NY 10040
(212) 567-3190 0.5 PK-8
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 334 students
15 E 79th St
New York, NY 10075
(212) 535-2130 6.7 PK-12
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
517 W 164th St
New York, NY 10032
(212) 927-1619 2.4 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 275 students
1946 Bathgate Ave
Bronx, NY 10457
(718) 583-9432 1.9 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.