St Joseph School
Tel: (718) 583-9432
- St. Joseph School exists to serve the children of the South Bronx and its surrounding area.
- The school accepts students into any grade (Pre-K through 8) without regard to their faith, academic ability or emotional stability, and it provides maximum supervision and security for the children who need it most.
- In the school`s caring and supportive environment, our students master basic academic and social skills needed for success in high school and in life.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,300|
|Tuition Notes||St. Joseph also offers discounts for families who attend the school: 2 Children - $5,000/year; 3 children - $6,900/year; 4 or more children - $8,650/year|
|% on Financial Aid|
- Since 1877, St. Joseph School has been educating children in the Tremont section of the South Bronx.
- St. Joseph School strives to provide the best education possible for all of its students. Our student body includes students who are not well served by either public or other Catholic schools. St. Joseph is unique as the only one of 62 Bronx-area parochial schools with an open admissions policy. St. Joseph School advances the effort to mitigate high school drop-out rates through a program of rigorous intervention and remediation when primary school students are first identified as at-risk.
- At the same time, the school strives to provide an excellent education for students who are academic high performers. We also have many students who enter as academic under-achievers but perform at grade level after attending St. Joseph for several years. Our challenge is to help all of our students master the basic skills necessary for success by the time they enter high school.
- Over 95% of St. Joseph alumni graduate from high school on schedule in four years, compared to the public school rate of 58%. The majority of our students attend college.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 289 students
801 Bartholdi Street
Bronx, NY 10467
(718) 944-0958 2.6 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 284 students
121 E 177th St
Bronx, NY 10453
(718) 731-5905 0.6 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
2600 Netherland Ave
Bronx, NY 10463
(718) 548-0900 2.4 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.