Manhattan Christian Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (212) 567-5521
- Manhattan Christian Academy educates urban children to succeed in life through Christ-centered quality education that builds character, knowledge, and purpose.
- The purpose of Christian education is to show the student the need for a personal saving relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and to nurture, admonish, and encourage the student to live in conformity with the revealed will of God through a life of service wholly dedicated to and dependent upon God.
- The process of Christian education requires the natural integration and consistent application of God's Word into every area of the school program.
- Parents bear the sole responsibility for the education of their children.
- The Christ-centered school is an extension of and support to the home and church in the teaching of children of spiritual and moral values and the academic skills necessary to live lives of obedience and fruitfulness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy or Khaki slacks, White or Navy polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / Jun. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,950|
|Tuition Notes||$4750-$6000 depending on grade|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisandra Hunter|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: NS-12 | 217 students
1497 Needham Ave
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 519-8884 3.8 NS-12
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 148 students
70 E 129th St
New York, NY 10035
(212) 427-7900 3.9 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 289 students
801 Bartholdi Street
Bronx, NY 10467
(718) 944-0958 3 PK-8
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718) 549-8810 2.8 PK-12
- Bronx Grades: K-7 | 152 students
719 E 216th St
Bronx, NY 10467
(718) 653-2900 3.2 K-7
I am an alumni of this school. I''ve been there since kindergarten. I love this school. The teachers and staff are very kind. You feel very welcomed. Everyone knows your name. They offer after school tutoring, if you don't understand something, they will help you until you get it. They also have extra curriculum which is really fun. The spiritual aspect is the best. Every morning we get together as a school and have a time of worship and devotion. I still go back and visit.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - dejoy
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.