Grace Valley Christian Academy
Grace Valley Christian Academy provides a superior education at an affordable cost.
Our kindergarten through eighth grade program serves students in Davis and the surrounding communities.
GVCA is located on a 20-acre campus in idyllic West Davis where our students experience the beauty of God`s creation every day.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Yearly Tuition: $4,700
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 48%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(Uniforms Required )
(Uniforms Required )
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Annual tuition listed for one student. Can be paid in 10 monthly installments of $470 per month (August - May).
- Grace Valley Christian Academy provides a superior education at an affordable cost. Our kindergarten through eighth grade program serves students in Davis and the surrounding communities. GVCA is located on a 20-acre campus in idyllic West Davis where our students experience the beauty of God`s creation every day.
- Since 1998, GVCA has successfully implemented the Core Knowledge curriculum, establishing a reputation for Christian character training and academic excellence. Instructors at GVCA are dedicated to the spiritual and academic progress of each student. With small class sizes-no more than 20 in each grade-teachers and aides provide thorough and individualized instruction. We emphasize self-discipline and teach our students to live upright and godly lives. Our rules encourage students to honor authority, and to be polite, productive, prompt, and prepared.
- We offer a comprehensive curriculum, which includes classic literature, history from a Christian worldview, a sequential writing program, hands-on science, and challenging math courses at all grade levels. Students also enjoy many other courses such as art, music, choir, Spanish, Bible courses, physical education, and robotics. Our students receive a rich and well-rounded education and perform exceptionally well on standardized tests.
- For more information, or to schedule a campus tour, please call the school office at 530.758.6590.
This is a fantastic school! Excellent, wise and loving teachers and staff. Advanced and hands on coursework. It is hard material, but the kids enjoy it and are taught to persevere and learn excellent study habits. Character training beyond the academics and kids are taught to be loving and kind with one another. I'd highly recommend this school.
My two grandchildren have been attending Grace Valley Christian Academy for the past four years over which time I have attended many events, graduations, chapel services, and performances. I cannot say enough about what a wonderful place this school is the academic rigor is only outshined by the atmosphere experienced when you step on campus - which is warm, safe, and loving, yet fundamentally structured around high moral values. I am so very pleased that my grandchildren have the opportunity to attend this school the growth I`ve witnessed first-hand in both of them academically, behaviorally, and socially over the past four years is so very clearly attributed to the superb teaching offered at GVCA.
I have been going to this school since kindergarten, and I am now entering 7th grade. I had to leave in the middle of 6th grade because of a forced move. I had to try two different schools in the process. GVCA is the best school I have yet to go to and means everything to me! The teachers are kind and caring and have a great sense of humor while we learn. The curriculum is very advanced, but the teachers explain everything so well that there is almost no way you can't pass. The kids here are amazing and accepting, and there are absolutely no bullies of any kind. The learning is very hands-on, and the field-trips are packed with interesting information. Every year they build on what we learned the last; so that by the time we have graduated, we will have full knowledge on several things that kids at other schools may not know as much about. The teachers here actually know what they are talking about too, and are ready to add in interesting facts to the subject. The small class sizes makes learning easy and fun, and everyone knows everybody so well by the end of the year. The Jr. Highers (7th-8th) and even the 9th graders get along with the younger kids as well, unlike some schools where they hate littler kids them and think they are so much bigger than everyone else. There is choir class which is awesome, and the two instructors there are funny and make singing easy, but at the same time they bring a whole new level to it that I have not found in other school choir classes. There is Running Club, where each Tuesday and Thursday you run 1-4 miles with the rest of the 5th+ graders who decided to join. Later in the year there is Jump Rope Club where you learn all sorts of fun tricks in jump-roping, followed by a big performance and root-beer floats on the last day of the club. GVCA also has Home Etc. which includes sewing, cooking, and more. In every grade there is a writing class where we practice writing things from poems to reports to our own stories. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a school filled with a positive atmosphere and high academics. :)
Endorse Grace Valley Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.