Granville Christian Academy
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||235 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, English, Government, Literature and Composition|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,930|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary Tuition - $5,700 Middle School Tuition - $5,930 High School Tuition - $6,150|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Melody Cox|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Math Club, National Honor Society Chapter, Spanish Club, Student Ambassador Program, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Granville Christian Academy has a rich history as a discipleship school, where students are encouraged to grow in their faith through learning, obeying, loving, and applying the Scriptures. All school staff and leaders are charged to use their gifts and live out their faith in front of their students and to mentor them as Jesus commanded. Teachers are committed to developing ongoing relationships with the students with the motivation to honor Christ. The goal is to move students on a clear path of spiritual growth so they may develop into mature spiritual leaders. In response, students and families are expected to be faithful, teachable, and available. Evangelism will always be a part of our efforts to reach students who have not committed to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. However, the primary goal of the school is to disciple the students in their journey towards maturity as a whole person spiritually, academically, and emotionally/socially, and physically. Academically, Granville Christian Academy strives to provide a rigorous academic course offering and is currently a college preparatory/post-secondary preparatory school with a selection of advanced classes in middle and high school. The goal is to provide inspiring and enriching coursework for all students and to prepare them for college or careers, while recognizing that students are at different proficiency levels. Some accommodations can be made to assist students who struggle. Biblically based academic excellence for all is the goal.
- School Verse: "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Heath Grades: PK-12 | 86 students
81 Licking View Dr
Heath, OH 43056
(740) 522-3600 3.6 PK-12
- Cleveland Grades: 9-12
3470 Rocky River Drive
Cleveland, OH 44111
(216) 251-6788 102.8 9-12
- Newark Grades: 1-8 | 145 students
394 E Main St
Newark, OH 43055
(740) 345-4125 5.5 1-8
We started at GCA when our youngest was in 3rd grade. Now in 7th and have been grateful to be here. No school is completely ideal, but I have a peace of mind knowing our son is in a safe, positive atmosphere with a genuinely caring staff. academics, behavior are at a high standard. Extra curriculars like sports and music are available and continues to grow, but maybe not quite as strong as in some public schools. It is a smaller school and the sense of family is strong.
- Posted by Parent - parent
I have been here since kindergarten. I have basically grown up at GCA. GCA has helped me through many life choices and methods. They have helped me to be respectful, kind, and loving to others. GCA is a great environment to grow up in. It is a very safe place to be taught and socialize.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jayden Leija
I came to GCA in first grade and really felt at home. The students really make the class unique and give it its personalty. The teachers help you learn and grow in knowledge and Christ. All the administrators help you in anything you need really making the school feel like home.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Unknown_User
I came to Granville Christian Academy in the fourth grade. I felt instantly welcome in my classroom and among the other students. I have remained at Granville Christian Academy ever since. I enjoy this school because I have made so many really close friends through athletics and other things. I love Granville Christian and I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Karen
I started at GCA at Kindergarten, and I am currently a Senior. I have developed a wonderful relationship with my classmates and teachers. The teachers are more than willing to help you with any classes you are struggling with, or helping you in your personal life. The students are truly like family. The upper classmen mentor the younger classmen and make them feel welcome.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - student
I have been going to GCA since I was in kindergarten. I love the small aspect of the school that allows us to develop close relationships with friends. GCA has helped me to continue to grow in my faith. The teachers are all willing to help you in a spiritual and academic aspect.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Brendon Austin
We have loved our years at GCA! The teachers are wonderful and very in tune with the kids strengths and weaknesses. The small class size allows each child to get the attention they need. The older kids help in the elementary in different capacities and this creates a great relationship.
- Posted by Parent - JK Snyder
We have homeschooled in the past. We couldn't have asked for a better school to transition to than Granville Christian Academy. We have been so impressed with the sweet, encouraging environment and staff. My kids love to go to see their friends and learn. I love academics and a safe, wholesome environment. The teachers are wonderful!
- Posted by Parent - Previous Homeschool Mom
We started our son at Granville Christian Academy as a kindergarten student this year. The experience has been transformative for both him and our family, in a very positive way. The structured approach to academics is beautifully integrated with Christian values and teachings. Teachers are top notch (qualified, credentialed and experienced) and have a loving approach to teaching. We appreciate the partnership we have with the entire Granville Christian staff. We are thrilled with our child`s growth as a student and (more importantly to us) his growth in living and growing in Christian values. We look forward to continuing our journey as part of the GCA family for many years to come.
- Posted by Parent - Heather J
Our family loves GCA! The school is very strong academically with a loving, encouraging environment.
- Posted by Parent - Leah
I have 2 children that attend Granville Christian Academy and I could not be more proud of the choice we made for them. They are getting a wonderful education but more importantly they are learning about God's word and how to apply God's word to every day life. Any day my kids come home wanting to talk to me about the Bible is a wonderful one.
- Posted by Parent - Ashlee
We are so fortunate to have our child attending Granville Christian Academy. The school has challenged him academically, plus he is developing spiritually and socially too. The teachers and administrators are top notch and show genuine care and concern for the student as an entire person. The school is small enough to feel like a family but large enough to offer lots of great opportunities, like community service events, field trips, math enrichment, special "reading week" and "science week" events, and the list goes on and on. I love that my child is excited to go to school every day!
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
I've been on staff at GCA for only a year and am moving away to be close to my new granddaughter. Summary notes...I'm leaving a wonderful school family to be close to my own family. Throughout the year I've witnessed some of the most caring and passionate educators you can imagine. If you are considering a private school environment make sure you visit Granville Christian and meet some of the teachers and staff members. You'll know immediately that this is the place for your child. Thanks for a great year everyone!
- Posted by Administrator - Mike Miller
I am happy with the respect and help they give me when I stop at the front desk for any type of question when I visit.
- Posted by Parent - rebecca
School is awesome, but the Spanish class teaches one to nothing
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Falco