Welsh Hills School
Mission Statement: Welsh Hills School provides a dynamic, global education that focuses on the whole child.
We serve families with infants through grade 11. Welsh Hills School is a place where your child can pursue an education that nurtures intellectual curiosity, stimulates personal growth, and encourages critical thinking and innovation.
It is a place where your child can be part of a supportive learning community -- where what students learn in service projects or the school play is as important as the classroom lessons, and here your child can be motivated to be enthusiastic and creative about learning in an academically rigorous environment -- where students go on to enroll in college and pursue fulfilling careers.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-11
- Students: 108 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 21%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Power of the Pen, Robotics Team
Power of the Pen, Robotics Team
- Preschool programs offer school-year, summer, half-day, and full-day options with 2, 3 and 5-days options.
- Before and after care, STEAM, (science, technology, engineering, arts and math), Global Education
- Robotics for grades 1-8, Spanish, music, art, drama, and physical education
- 8 weeks of traditional summer camp with over 30 specialty camps
- 11-acre play area, greenhouse, organic gardens and nut/peanut-free facility
- Infant Care Program - families want even their youngest members to have the benefit of a Welsh Hills school experience.
- Columbus Council on World Affairs 2014 Education Project of the Year Award Recipient.
- Community Partner Discount for employees of: Denison University and The Ohio State University
- Local residents are invited to tend a plot in the school's organic, community gardens.
- The Arts Academy at Welsh Hills School offers art classes to artists of all ages and is open to the entire community.
Hands-on learning with caring teachers and a unique STEAM curriculum. The unique environment at Welsh Hills provides students the freedom to learn as they go, in their own way, on real-world lessons. I know that this philosophy provides students of all ages the opportunity to discover their talents and pursue their passions in a supportive community. I am grateful for my WHS education.
We''ve had our children at Welsh Hills School for over six years, and we are very pleased with the quality of education that they are receiving. The class sizes are small, which allows very individualized attention. The children collaborate with the teacher to learn, they''re not taught at. There is a strong emphasis on self-learning. The environment is warm and nurturing, like home. There is a strong culture of respecting others. There is deliberate interaction among the grade levels. We are fortunate to have several great schools available for the education of our children, public and private, but the best choice for us is Welsh Hills School, without question.
Endorse Welsh Hills School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Reasons Why You Might Change Schools
Here are five reasons why you might want to change schools.
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.