Licking County Christian Academy
- Licking County Christian Academy is a ministry of the Newark Baptist Temple, an independent Baptist church.
- LCCA is also a member of the Buckeye Christian School Association (BCSA) and the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS).
- LCCA offers high quality Christian education for grades K-12. Licking County Christian Academy is dedicated to assisting parents in their God-given responsibility to develop in their children the intellectual, the emotional, the social, and the physical, as well as the spiritual capabilities with the goal of being “conformed to the image of His Son.” The goal or purpose of Christian Education is the lifelong process to restore that marred image.
- True Christian Education involves the development of the intellectual, the emotional, the social, and the physical, as well as the spiritual capabilities with the goal of being “conformed to the image of His Son”.
- Formal schooling is only one facet of this process. Although the primary emphasis is on the intellectual or academic, it is the purpose of LCCA to develop all of the above areas in each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,500|
|Tuition Notes||discount for multiple children in family|
|Admissions Director||Craig Westerlund|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: 1-8 | 145 students
394 E Main St
Newark, OH 43055
(740) 345-4125 3.8 1-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.