Great Commission Schools
- An independent, Bible believing Christian school coveringgrades K through 12.
- The educational process in a Christian school is dependent on aBiblical philosophy which provides the right world view andessential truths for life so that children may be prepared toassume their proper place in the home, the church, and thestate.
- The mission of Great Commission Schools is to provide aChristian environment in which qualified, skilled, and committedChristian teachers, using a curriculum consistent with a Christianworld view, deliver to students a Christian education of thehighest quality.
- Great Commission Schools are committed to providing Christianeducation to the largest possible segment of the community.
- We believe that no child should be denied a Christian educationbecause of a lack of financial resources.
- Thus, Great Commission Schools are organized as a true missionto the community founded on the principle of Mark.
- We are able to serve the greater Altoona area and providequality, safe, Bible oriented Christian education to children froma broader spectrum of backgrounds while maintaining adequatediscipline and a comfortable learning environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Low to mild-learning differences|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Language, AP Literature, Honors Chemistry|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,540|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary - $5,100 Middle School - $5,300 High School - $5,500 Scholarships available. Book Fee: $300 Enrollment Fee: $200|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Quiz Bowl, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Ensemble, Fine Arts, Instrument Lessons/Band
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duncansville Grades: PK-12 | 129 students
925 Blacks Lane
Duncansville, PA 16635
(814)696-3702 10.5 PK-12
- Altoona Grades: 7-12 | 293 students
2400 Pleasant Valley Boulevard
Altoona, PA 16602
(814)944-4014 1.2 7-12
- Altoona Grades: 2-12 | 50 students
600s. Jaggard St.
Altoona, PA 16602
(814)204-0018 0.8 2-12
- Altoona Grades: 1-12 | 28 students
1012 8th Ave
Altoona, PA 16602
(814)944-3733 0.1 1-12
- Cresson Grades: PK-8 | 152 students
220 Powell Ave
Cresson, PA 16630
(814)886-7942 10.6 PK-8
Both of our children have and currently do attend GCS. I could not be more pleased with the education that they have received. Not only is the curriculum well balanced, but the teachers, administration, and lunch department truly show love and care towards the students. The athletics and drama departments do a phenomenal job every year. Our family has been truly blessed by attending GCS.
- Posted by Parent - Kennedy
GCS was the perfect place for our children! They have gone on to college and success in the workplace! We are truly thankful for the faculty and staff that loved and cared for our children during their time at GCS! They competed in sports, participated in fine arts programs and received an exceptional education that was partnered with Biblical teaching. I would highly recommend GCS to any family!
- Posted by Parent - jrw71
GCS teachers truly care for their students. This is a school with strong academics, great athletics & fine arts, and a family atmosphere. Christian faith and worldview are the focus at GCS. My kids have thrived in the smaller class sizes!
- Posted by Parent - Cover