Great Commission Schools
- An independent, Bible believing Christian school covering grades K through 12.
- The educational process in a Christian school is dependent on a Biblical philosophy which provides the right world view and essential truths for life so that children may be prepared to assume their proper place in the home, the church, and the state.
- The mission of Great Commission Schools is to provide a Christian environment in which qualified, skilled, and committed Christian teachers, using a curriculum consistent with a Christian world view, deliver to students a Christian education of the highest quality.
- Great Commission Schools are committed to providing Christian education to the largest possible segment of the community.
- We believe that no child should be denied a Christian education because of a lack of financial resources.
- Thus, Great Commission Schools are organized as a true mission to the community founded on the principle of Mark.
- We are able to serve the greater Altoona area and provide quality, safe, Bible oriented Christian education to children from a broader spectrum of backgrounds while maintaining adequate discipline and a comfortable learning environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Mid Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Low to mild-learning differences|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Language, Honors Chemistry|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,540|
|Tuition Notes||Elementary - $4,850 Middle School - $5,120 High School - $5,360 Scholarships available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Quiz Bowl, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Ensemble, Fine Arts, Instrument Lessons/Band
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duncansville Grades: NS-12 | 131 students
925 Blacks Lane
Duncansville, PA 16635
(814)696-3702 10.5 NS-12
- Altoona Grades: 7-12 | 322 students
2400 Pleasant Valley Boulevard
Altoona, PA 16602
(814)944-4014 1.2 7-12
Both of our children have and currently do attend GCS. I could not be more pleased with the education that they have received. Not only is the curriculum well balanced, but the teachers, administration, and lunch department truly show love and care towards the students. The athletics and drama departments do a phenomenal job every year. Our family has been truly blessed by attending GCS.
- Posted by Parent - Kennedy
GCS was the perfect place for our children! They have gone on to college and success in the workplace! We are truly thankful for the faculty and staff that loved and cared for our children during their time at GCS! They competed in sports, participated in fine arts programs and received an exceptional education that was partnered with Biblical teaching. I would highly recommend GCS to any family!
- Posted by Parent - jrw71
GCS teachers truly care for their students. This is a school with strong academics, great athletics & fine arts, and a family atmosphere. Christian faith and worldview are the focus at GCS. My kids have thrived in the smaller class sizes!
- Posted by Parent - Cover