Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic High School
Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic High School Photo #9 - Our Study Abroad Trip to France in the Summer. This is a 10-day 3 credit college classes offered to our students. Students can earn both high school and college credits.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE SCHOOL: Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic High School is a college preparatory school serving students in grades 7-12. The school is governed by an independent Board of Trustees.
- The school provides a value-based, academically challenging, and progressive educational program on a contemporary and disciplined campus. The school welcomes students of all faiths who desire these educational values.
Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,974|
|Tuition Notes||Domestic Student Tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Class Officer Advisory Team, Classic Movie Club, Driver's Ed, Eco Club, Environmental Science Team, FBLA, Fencing, French Club, Ice hockey, Marauder Programming Club, Math Club, Mission Club, Mock Trial, Model UN, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Peer Ministry, Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Sceince, Photography Club, Pre-Med Club, Prom Planning Committee, SADD, Scholastic Quiz Team, Ski, Spanish Club, Strategy Club, Student Council, Tolkien Soceity, Yearbook, Youth Leadership
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Chorus Club, Drama and Musical
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Accelerated Pre-Advanced Preparatory Program: 7-8th grades
- Accelerated and Regular High School Program: 9-12 grades
- College in High School Program: Dual Enrollment Program, Student Abroad Program; Professors in Residence Program.
- Small Class Size
- 16 AP Classes
- 100% College Acceptance Rate
- 21 PIAA Sanctioned Sports
- Over 30 Student Clubs and Organizations
- Financial Aid Available
- All Faiths and Ethnicities Welcomed
Nearby Homes for Sale
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.