Greenwood Friends School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (570) 458-5532
Greenwood Friends School Photo #3 - Grandparents Day in the Middle School at Greenwood Friends School
- Greenwood Friends School offers an educational environment where each child's unique gifts are nurtured and the Friends' principles of integrity, equality, community, simplicity, and peace are fostered.
- Greenwood Friends School is an educational community in which students, teachers, and parents value learning, sharing, and living joyfully within a a challenging and supportive environment. Each child is welcomed and valued as a unique individual in this community.
- Friends recognize "that of God" in each person, and this principle is central to our philosophy of educating hearts as well as minds.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,300|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-Primary=$4150 (3 full days) Grs 5-8=$9650|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,680|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Greenwood Friends School gives students the unique opportunity for hands-on, project based learning everyday. Students often work in mixed-age groups so that children can develop their gifts and talents in a collaborative setting. Students learn to work independently, as well, but always with respect for others in their learning community. Greenwood has a long tradition of valuing music and the arts which are all integrated into daily activities and long-term projects.
Profile last updated:
This used to be a wonderful school. Unfortunately, they lost more than half their teachers last year. Our child received a terrible education last year after many years of a wonderful curriculum. It`s a real shame.
- Posted by Parent - Steve D.
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.