Hannah Senesh Community Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Hannah Senesh Community Day School is a progressive, pluralistic K-8 Jewish school in the heart of Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.
- Rooted in Jewish values and tradition, Senesh fosters a love of learning guided by intellectual discovery and social responsibility.
- Through a challenging curriculum, we prepare students to take on the complexities of a diverse and changing world by building critical thinking skills, independence, and empathy.
- Students leave Senesh grounded in a strong sense of self and what it means to be passionate, empowered Jews and global citizens.
Hannah Senesh Community Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
The Jewish Community Day School Association (SSDSA)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Annette Powers|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
- Hannah Senesh Community Day School is a progressive, pluralistic K-8 Jewish school in the heart of Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. Rooted in Jewish values and tradition, Senesh fosters a love of learning guided by intellectual discovery and social responsibility. Through a challenging curriculum, we prepare students to take on the complexities of a diverse and changing world by building critical thinking skills, independence, and empathy. Students leave Senesh grounded in a strong sense of self and what it means to be passionate, empowered Jews and global citizens.
- We educate our students to:
- SEEK MEANING. We combine the traditions of Jewish inquiry and secular scholarship, and engage students in thoughtful dialogue, encouraging them to achieve their highest academic and ethical potential.
- BUILD COMMUNITY. We strengthen community by embracing the rich mosaic of identities reflected in contemporary Jewish life. Together with our students and families, we cultivate meaningful relationships in school, the broader Jewish and local Brooklyn community, Israel and the world.
- LEARN JOYFULLY. We approach our learning each day with curiosity, passion, and a celebration of Jewish life. We seek to educate the whole child.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-PK | 96 students
318a Warren Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718)625-5252 0.5 NS-PK
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-K | 107 students
277 3rd Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11215
(718)499-5667 0.5 PK-K
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718)858-5100 0.6 PK-8
It is a wonderful feeling to know your children love school. My kids wake up every morning excited to face the day, learn new material, and see their friends. At Hannah Senesh the teaching is exceptional, and the intimate class sizes allow students to explore topics through innovative projects. The administration is tuned into every student's needs. In addition to general studies, students are taught Hebrew and an awareness of and responsibility to the world around them. The community is warm and embracing and over the years has become so much more than a school to us; more like a family. We feel lucky to call this school home.
- Posted by Parent - saral
Hannah Senesh is a warm and nurturing learning environment. Its teacher to student ratio is great. I have 2 kids in the school and I know they get the attention they need. The school accepts everyone regardless of affiliation. The general studies is top notch and the Judaics studies program have added an important dimension to our family (which we love). Its all around a great place to see my kids grow both academically and as people. I would recommend this school to anyone without hesitation
- Posted by Parent - danie
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.