Harbor Day School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Harbor Day School's mission is to provide an academically challenging, well balanced education in a nurturing, family centered environment.
- Our traditional, yet innovative, curriculum develops eager, confident learners who think creatively and work collaboratively.
- Developing self-reliance, building strong moral character, and encouraging social responsibility are hallmarks of a Harbor Day education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||408 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates for the 2018-2019 academic year for all grades K-8 is $23,350. Harbor Day School grants financial aid to students whose families can demonstrate financial need. Grants are subject to availability of funds and based on a variety of factors. The deadline to apply for financial aid is February 1, 2019.|
|Admissions Associate||Sylvanda Padilla|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Track and Field,
- Harbor Day School strives to shape our program to meet the changing needs of each student and adopt new and proven educational practices and technology. Experienced educators bring their passion for all disciplines, including technology, the arts, physical education, library science, and world languages, creating a well-rounded program academically and developmentally. Our students are extremely well-prepared for high school and our graduates attend many of the finest colleges in the country.
- People that viewed Harbor Day School also viewed these schools: Mariners Christian School, St John The Baptist Catholic School, Carden Conservatory Preschool, Elementary & Junior High School, Mardan School and TVT Community Day School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Costa Mesa Grades: K-8 | 520 students
1021 Baker St
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714)557-5060 5.5 K-8
- Huntington Beach Grades: PK-8 | 121 students
5702 Clark Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714)840-5127 8.8 PK-8
- Irvine Grades: 1-12 | 64 students
Irvine, CA 92604
(949)733-1500 6 1-12
My husband and I moved our three children to southern California several years ago and looked at all of the area schools. We sent a couple of the children to our local public school as well as a couple of the private schools in the area. We never really found just the right mix of curriculum, excellent teachers, great families, and great character education....until we sent our children to the Harbor Day School. The head of school Angi Evans, as well as the division heads, are personable, nurturing, polished, and well versed in all of the latest educational trends. They set an incredible vision, and the team of teachers delivers. Our kids have gotten a great balance of academics, arts (visual and performing), athletics(very inclusive and also competitive in a good way), and character. I love that good citizenship and kindness are rewarded. The awards and praise are deserved, not just randomly handed out (as in other schools we've attended)-so recognition is truly meaningful to the kids. My kids are challenged for sure. But they are engaged. They aren't just going through the motions. They are learning and on their way to being lifelong learners. Highly recommend Harbor Day School for sure.
- Posted by Parent - JenN
The education our son receives at Harbor Day SChool is unparalleled from academics to art and music, languages, debate, robotics, wood shop and more. HDS allows him to thrive and be creative. The teachers are incredibly dedicated and go out of their way to make each child's experience at the school a unique one. The sense of community is beyond anything I could have imagined with multiple opportunities to get involved in the school. I would highly recommend Harbor Day to anyone looking for an exceptional academic curriculum as well as a multi-faceted and well-rounded education for their child. But the biggest plus for us is the energetic and enthusiastic spirit our son has each day as we drop him off at school!
- Posted by Parent - Danielle
My son and daughter both graduated from Harbor Day School. They felt extremely well prepared for high school, both academically and socially. The teachers at Harbor Day are skilled and caring, and my children have never since had teachers that they liked as much as their Harbor Day School teachers. The school also has character education and community service programs and teaches three languages.
- Posted by Parent - angie
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.