Hephatha Lutheran Church and School
Tel: (714)637-0887 Ext. 126
Hephatha Lutheran Church and School Photo #2 - Science is a "fun"damental subject at Hephatha. Students participate in labs involving dissection, DNA extraction, chemical bonding, and more.
Hephatha Lutheran Church and School Photo #3 - Students attend chapel every week in K-8th, and every other week in Early Childhood. Jesus Time is a daily part of circle time in the EC classroom, and Religion is a part of the K-8th curriculum, as well as Fine Arts, Electives, Academies, Music and PE.
Hephatha Lutheran Church and School Photo #4 - Hephatha offers a competitive intramural sports program, which includes flag football, basketball, volleyball and track and field.
Hephatha Lutheran Church and School Photo #5 - Beginning in 5th grade, students are offered additional Camps: Astro Camp for 5th grade, Science Camp for 6th grade, and Outdoor Education for 7th and 8th grade, alternating between Washington D.C. and camping in Yosemite.
Hephatha Lutheran Church and School Photo #6 - "Builders of Faith, Open to All" is our Mission! We have enjoyed hosting several International Students for entire academic school years, as well as Winter Camp and Summer Camp.
Hephatha Lutheran Church and School Photo #7 - Hephatha has a stellar Music program, which offers beginning, intermediate and advanced strings, a K-2nd grade strings program, beginning and advanced choir, drama and private lessons. Music is also integrated in the curriculum for all EC-8th grade students.
Hephatha Lutheran Church and School Photo #8 - Hephatha's Early Childhood Program a home away from home for your little Lambs of God. Our developmental program focus on learning through the fives senses, and through play. Our EC program is full of rich tradition, including Father's Night and Mom's Love Night, and on-campus field trips such as Snow Day and Petting Zoo Day.
- Hephatha Lutheran School works to create a safe and caring environment that nurtures your child's spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development.
- Our faculty and staff of well-educated professionals works to provide a curriculum that helps each individual student reach his/her potential.
- The mission of Hephatha Lutheran School is, by the grace of God, to build up the family of Christ, to grow in faith, to assist families in discipling their children in a Christian Community, and to provide an enriched educational experience wherein all will find identity, purpose, and power for their lives in Christ by living in grace and in the knowledge of Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||All but Speech and Occupational Therapy are offered. The "Matthew 19 Program" is for students who need more than F/T Resource.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$1,380|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Check out http://hephatha.net/school/summer-programs/ for more information!|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||287 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Students begin wearing uniforms in Kindergarten. Click here for more information:http://www.dennisuniform.com/onlstore/d-store-home.asp?sc=AN00EM )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,150|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood tuition is between $278 and $785/month; K-8th Tuition is $715/month. Registration for EC is $225, and registration for K-8th is $425.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deena Knudsen, Domestic Admissions|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Intramural Sports Only, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Intramural Sports Only, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Gym, Confirmation (7th and 8th Grade), Elementary/Middle School/High School Youth (4th-12th), Fine Arts Electives, Healthy Cooking Class: "Well Fed", Homework Club, Private Tutoring, School Age Care and Summer Camp, Science Team, Sewing/Quilting Club, Student Leadership, VEX Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Choir, Beginning Choir, Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced Strings, K-2nd Strings: "Ready Set Bow!", Middle School Choir, Praise Band/Chapel Band, Private Piano and Private Instrumental
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Boy's and Girl's Basketball (5th-8th), Flag Football (5th-8th), Girl's Volleyball (5th-8th), Track and Field (3rd-8th)
- Hephatha Lutheran School offers Religion, Music, Athletics/PE, STEM, and Student Leadership, as well as a variety of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities such as a Science Team, VEX Robotics, and Mincraft Club. Hephatha's Middle School as a whole scored in the 90th percentile in both Math and Language Arts, nationally.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Hephatha Lutheran Church and School also viewed these schools: Orange County Christian School, Trinity Lutheran Christian School, Calvary Chapel Anaheim School, Fairmont Private Schools - Historic Anaheim Campus and Independence Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anaheim Grades: K-8 | 139 students
4101 E Nohl Ranch Rd
Anaheim, CA 92807
(714)637-8370 2.7 K-8
- Anaheim Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
270 E. Palais Rd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
(714)563-9608 7.4 PK-8
- Anaheim Grades: NS-8 | 482 students
1557 W. Mable Street
Anaheim, CA 92805
(714)874-8233 8.9 NS-8
- Anaheim Grades: PK-8 | 172 students
4905 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92807
(714)970-7009 2.1 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?