- Heritage Academy believes that the home school can provide a superior environment for genuine Christian education.
- Home schooling places the responsibility for education squarely on the shoulders of parents.
- Home schooling allows the parents to determine what their children shall learn, and affords parents the opportunity to teach their children to think Christianly.
- It also provides an atmosphere in which children may be trained to seek god's glory in all that they do.
- Finally, home schooling permits parents literally to obey god's command to teach their children in the midst of daily life.
- Heritage Academy assists local Christian families to home school their children by offering advise, programs, meetings, accountability, networking, extra curricular activities, field trips, contests, transcripts, classes and oversight.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: 9-12 | 20 students
3821 Lorna Rd Ste 118-120
Birmingham, AL 35244
(205)989-8333 7.7 9-12
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.