- Heritage Academy believes that the home school can provide a superior environment for genuine Christian education.
- Home schooling places the responsibility for education squarely on the shoulders of parents.
- Home schooling allows the parents to determine what their children shall learn, and affords parents the opportunity to teach their children to think Christianly.
- It also provides an atmosphere in which children may be trained to seek god's glory in all that they do.
- Finally, home schooling permits parents literally to obey god's command to teach their children in the midst of daily life.
- Heritage Academy assists local Christian families to home school their children by offering advise, programs, meetings, accountability, networking, extra curricular activities, field trips, contests, transcripts, classes and oversight.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: 9-12 | 20 students
3821 Lorna Rd Ste 118-120
Birmingham, AL 35244
(205)989-8333 7.7 9-12
What curricula do private schools follow? Who accredits private schools? What kind of standards prevail? More here.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.