Heritage Christian Schools
5.00 (1 review)
- At Heritage Christian Schools, our mission is to educate the whole child - spiritually, academically, physically and emotionally.
- Learning is not a goal within itself but the child develops the skills needed to learn, so that in any setting in life, he/she would have the skills to achieve.
- In an atmosphere of discipline and love, we present academic skills and spiritual truths to the child.
- Each child is recognized as an individual with individual needs and abilities.
- Material, whether it is spiritual or academic, is presented with respect to this uniqueness.
- We succeed in our task of educating the child if the child can interact positively with his/her peers, teachers and parents.
- Education is not just for the classroom. Education is meant to equip the child with skills that transfer into all aspects of life.
- We succeed in our task of educating the child, if the child experiences the love of Christ such that this world and our place in it is understandable and meaningful.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Call for more information.|
|Total Students||339 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,800|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Student Bible Studies
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Music Class, Technology and Computer Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Competitions, Physical Education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bakersfield Grades: K-10 | 71 students
1418 W Columbus St
Bakersfield, CA 93301
(661)323-2851 3 K-10
- Bakersfield Grades: K-12 | 134 students
3333 Bernard St
Bakersfield, CA 93306
(661)871-1591 0.7 K-12
- Bakersfield Grades: PK-8 | 325 students
2516 Palm St
Bakersfield, CA 93304
(661)326-7955 4.2 PK-8
Readyland preschool is probably the best school in Bakersfield. I have worked at a few and have seen the way they operate and how the children are treated. At Readyland the students are truly PRIORITY! The teachers are truly concerned not only with the educational portion of the preschool, but making sure each child feels safe ,secure and loved. I cannot sing Readyland's praises enough.
- Posted by Parent - banet
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.