Heritage Photo #2 - Recreation therapy is a significant component of the Heritage program. Through recreation therapy students have experiences that teach critical life lessons.
Heritage Photo #3 - Recreation therapy is a significant component of the Heritage program. Through recreation therapy students have experiences that teach critical life lessons.
Heritage Photo #4 - Student spend much of their time in individual, family and group therapy settings. This time allows the student to heal internally and excel in other areas of their lives.
- Heritage, one of the original residential centers is a leading provider of residential care for teenagers ages 12-18. Gender-specific schools enable students to focus and succeed academically while working with masters-level therapists to overcome or cope with mental health, behavioral health and neurological challenges.
- The Peers Academy at Heritage is an evidenced-based program for teens with social challenges, many of whom are on the Autism Spectrum.
- Elevate Academy is for student suffering from depression, anxiety or who have had traumatic experiences.The majority of students at Heritage have been adopted.
- Our targeted academies and the combination of our boys and girls program comprise the therapeutic Heritage Community where students spend an average of 13 months healing, recovering and preparing to return home to live a healthy and productive life.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$132,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mckaye Treanor|
|Admissions Associate||Ceason Elder|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Climbing Wall, Equestrian Program, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Snow Skiing, Snowboarding, Therapeutic Recreation
- For over 30 years parents and professionals have turned to Heritage to help them find the son or daughter they once knew. With years of experience and unmatched staff experience and tenure Heritage is a special place where lives are changed on a daily basis.
- Two full gender-specific, year-round schools with six class periods and a rotating schedule enable students to catch up on deficient credits and prepare to transition home. Special ed teachers assist students with learning challenges. Small classroom sizes provide for more individualized attention for our students.
- Two dedicated academies targeted on specific diagnosis make it possible for students to overcome challenges they and their families never thought possible. Fulltime therapists provide individual, group and family therapy on a weekly basis. A team of eight residential staff dedicated to each gender, diagnostic and age specific home of 10-14 students build powerful relationships with students. These relationships create an atmosphere where students are comfortable expressing their feelings and emotions.
- We help students find their spark with the greatest variety of on-campus activities like drama/theater, equine, athletics, rock climbing, yoga etc. Our proximity to outdoor recreation provides students with world-class experiences such as mountain biking, hiking, camping, rappelling and more.
- Over time students and family dynamics change for the better. Relationships are healed, coping skills are developed, weaknesses are strengthened and students are prepared for a healthy and productive life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Orem Grades: 7-12 | 10 students
1790 N State St
Orem, UT 84057
(801)224-8255 3 7-12
- Spanish Fork Grades: 7-12 | 16 students
6155 S 2400 W
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
(801)798-7700 13.3 7-12
- Spanish Fork Grades: 8-12 | 95 students
2172 East 7200 South
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
(801)794-1218 14.6 8-12
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.