Woodroe Woods School
- Woodroe Woods is a private Preschool and Elementary school (grades K-5th).
- Woodroe Woods provides a safe, loving environment where children can learn through many developmentally appropriate experiences.
- Woodroe Woods was established in 1974 and was originally located in Hayward, CA.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Woodroe Woods is a private school (a non-profit corporation) providing quality education for Preschool through Elementary grade children.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: PK-8 | 132 students
3710 Dorisa Ave
Oakland, CA 94605
(510)957-0570 4.8 PK-8
- San Leandro Grades: K-8 | 267 students
1851 136th Ave
San Leandro, CA 94578
(510)357-8772 2.3 K-8
- San Leandro Grades: PK-8 | 134 students
2305-A Washington Ave
San Leandro, CA 94577
(510)351-6400 2 PK-8
- Oakland Grades: NS-12 | 115 students
2430 Coolidge Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
(510)533-3121 8 NS-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.