Holy Cross School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (585) 663-6533
- Holy Cross School historically rooted in Holy Cross Parish, serving all area parishes and the Charlotte Community provides quality Catholic education to students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 6.
- A dedicated faculty and a comprehensive academic program fosters spiritual, intellectual and social development.
- This ministry is accomplished in a loving, caring atmosphere, respecting the needs and honoring the strengths of each student.
- Proudly standing beside Charlotte Lighthouse, Holy Cross School strives to be a Beacon of Hope; reflecting Christ in a multi-cultural community.
Holy Cross School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||348 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,840|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Band, Bell Choir, Choir, Instrumental Music Lessons, Lego Club
- Faith-filled learning environment, following the teachings of Jesus Christ • Follows New York State Curriculum and Core Standards • Certified Teachers • Individual assistance through AIS/Title Programs • Full Time Counselor • State of the art technology lab • Smartboards in all classrooms • Instruction in Music, Art, Physical Education, Technology • Small Class sizes • Full-time Nursing services • Full-day Kindergarten • Full and half day Preschool Program - Half day Prek: 8:00-11:30 - Full Day Prek: 8:00-2:35 • Before/After Care Program • Numerous extra curricular activities including: scout programs, CYO (youth athletic programs), instrumental lessons, band participation, parish youth programs• Field trips • Ongoing service projects • Busing available from most districts • Hot breakfast and lunch provided by Rochester City School District. • Holy Cross School hours: 8:00-2:35
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: PK-8 | 233 students
750 Long Pond Rd
Rochester, NY 14612
(585) 723-1165 4.2 PK-8
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 386 students
332 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606
(585) 429-5530 7.2 PK-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 500 students
1981 Clover Street
Rochester, NY 14618
(585) 442-1770 9.7 PK-12
My grandsons attend Holy Cross School & I couldn`t be more impressed with the caliber of the education they are receiving. The enthusiasm and dedication of the teachers is incredible. My two grandsons couldn`t be any more different from eachother and all their educational and social needs are being met. Hooray for Holy Cross School.
- Posted by Parent - Carey Travis
The quality of the education at Holy Cross School is excellent. We have 1 child in 1st grade. Having an art club, piano lessons and Lego Club as some of the extracurricular activities is wonderful.
- Posted by Parent - dfwhi
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.