The Charles Finney School
5.00 (10 reviews)
- The Charles Finney School is private Christian school for PreK-12. Our motto is "Do Something Greater". Doing something greater has four components that are integrated throughout a Finney education: character, compassion, creativity, and community. We strive for academic excellence and while providing an atmosphere where students can also grow socially and spiritually. We teach students a Biblical foundation that can be applied to all subjects and real life. Students at Finney excel because of solid academics and caring faculty. They are given opportunities to nurture their creativity and gifts and take leadership roles. Students can take part in interesting electives and extracurricular activities, exceptional music and art programs, Section V sports, AP courses and college level courses, and much more! Call us for a tour or to arrange a student visit. We look forward to meeting your family!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB/BC, AP English, AP Psychology, AP US History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level. Financial aid, multiple child discounts and academic scholarships are available.|
|Admissions Director||Paula Guardalben|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Finney Ambassadors, S.A.T. Prep|
Club or Organization:
F.I.R.S.T. Robotics Team, National Honor Society, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- To apply online go to The Charles Finney School Admissions section on our webpage www.finneyschool.org.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 484 students
1981 Clover Street
Rochester, NY 14618
(585)442-1770 3.8 PK-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-12 | 386 students
332 Spencerport Rd
Rochester, NY 14606
(585)429-5530 11.6 PK-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-12
2400 Chili Avenue
Rochester, NY 14624
(585)247-1112 11.3 PK-12
- Rochester Grades: PK-6 | 149 students
311 Flower City Park
Rochester, NY 14615
(585)458-3786 9 PK-6
The Charles Finney School has been the best decision we made for our son. He loves going to school and participating in all academic and athletics the school has to offer. The teacher and the staff are fabulous and always aware of what's happening with the children. The school is a very welcoming place for parents and families alike. Our son started going to Finney in the 8th grade and we truly wish we had enrolled him years ago. My son has grown a lot socially, academically and spiritually at Finney. Even though we do not live in the Penfield area, the distance has not been a problem for our family. Great school all around.
- Posted by Parent - prisc
I am a teacher who retired from Finney. This is an excellent school for academics, sports, and Christian spiritual/values education. I especially like that the school is run by several different churches and pulls in children from many surrounding school districts in both Monroe and Wayne Counties.
- Posted by Teacher - susan
My daughter has attended Finney since 2009. We have been so pleased with what Finney has been able to offer her academically, socially, and spiritually. We consider ourselves part of the Finney Family and that is truly how it feels!
- Posted by Parent - dwpat
Education is great and my kids are all thriving at Finney! Sports, music and other extra-curricular options are great for a school this size as well!
- Posted by Parent - mcurt
Outstanding Christian school, strong emphasis both on the spiritual and academics, both of my kids attend, highly recommended.
- Posted by Parent - timpe
The Charles Finney School is a dynamic and rewarding institution for students, teachers and families. Our students continue to win awards in art, writing, music, robotics and sports. Several of our teachers have been nominated by students and have won awards for their work at both the elementary and high school levels. A new state of the art science lab will be ready for use in the fall of 2013, and most of our classrooms use either SMARTBoard technology, Promethean technology, or large flat panel TVs synched to ipads. At Finney we focus on the whole person and strive to help our students grow spiritually, academically, emotionally and physically. If you are interested in providing your children with the opportunity to do something greater on a daily basis, consider The Charles Finney School.
- Posted by Teacher - ruzel
Finney is headed in the the right direction. There are so many positive things happening around the school. My children love attending. The teachers are loving and do a great job academically.
- Posted by Parent - mvanl
My daughter has attended Finney for three years. When I am not with her, I know that I can trust the staff to take care of her in the same way that I would.
- Posted by Parent - rlydo
The Charles Finney School is a special place. The teachers (and I am one) are committed to helping the students discover and embrace the joy and importance of life-long learning.
- Posted by Teacher - peter
I love to teach at Finney because we have great students, parents, and administrators.
- Posted by Teacher - kroge
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.