Holy Family Academy
Tel: (978) 632-8656
- With over 100 years of academic excellence, Holy Family Academy is the premier Catholic School in Gardner, Massachusetts that has been forged through uniting two great schools, Holy Rosary and Sacred Heart.
- Holy Family Academy provides quality, affordable education for grades Pre-K through 8.
- We are a community rooted in Christian faith and values which fosters a safe, secure environment for our children to grow spiritually, academically, and morally.
- The combination of Gospel values, a strong curriculum, and a familial environment allows our students to develop as whole persons in mind, body and spirit.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website for tuition information.|
|Admissions Director||Nancy Tyros|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, STEM Beginnings
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Drama Club, Musical Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run, Ski Club
- Academics: Holy Family Academy is fully accredited and provides a well-rounded, challenging liberal arts core curriculum which includes Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, Religion, French and Spanish. Our curriculum also includes "specials," including Art, Music, Drama, Computer Training, and Physical Education. In an effort to meet the broad spectrum of educational needs of our students, full time Title I services are also offered. In addition to traditional methods of instruction, Holy Family Academy utilizes technology, including IPads and SMART Boards, to enhance student learning and growth. Most classes are highly interactive, many project-oriented, and the upper school classes often include a Socratic approach to learning, wherein there is an even-flow of questions and answers by both teachers and students. These methods foster independent thinking, the ability to ask critical questions, and an integrated love for learning.Our commitment to small class sizes and uncompromising teaching excellence allows students to receive individual attention and encourages academic success. Graduates from the Academy consistently receive honor roll status and often attend regional high schools, as well as Northfield Mount Hermon, Monty Tech, The Winchendon School, Cushing Academy and St. Bernard`s High School.Half-day or Full-day
- Preschool Program: Holy Family Academy offers an academically and socially enriched Pre-Kindergarten program that will prepare your child for Kindergarten. It is an affordable option to daycare and au pair (spelling ) services. The Academy accepts children that are three or four years old and offers a variety of programs--2, 3, 5-day, full or half-day--depending upon the child`s age and the parents` choice.
- Before and After School Programs: Our well supervised before and after school program is comprised of extra-help, social interaction between age groups, and good wholesome play. Private music instrument and voice lessons are available. Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Daisy Scouts use the Academy for den meetings.
- Extra-Curricular Activities: Holy Family offers a wide variety of extra-curricular activities, including Skiing and Snowboarding, Intramural Volleyball, Chorus, Musical and Drama productions, and competitive Basketball. In addition, many of our students participate in National Honor Society and Student Council.
- Special Programs: Each year, sixth grade students spend a week at Nature`s Classroom.Catholic Schools Week at the end of each January is a week of fun and informative activities for students.We participate in both the National Geographic Geography Bee and the Scripp`s National Spelling Bee. During Student Government Week students in 7th and 8th grade shadow local and state government representatives, visit the Gardner Courthouse, and run a mock city council meeting, in an effort to become civic-minded responsible citizens.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gardner Grades: K-8 | 175 students
53 Lynde St
Gardner, MA 01440
(978) 632-0950 0.5 K-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?