Holy Trinity School
5.00 (6 reviews)
- Holy Trinity School is a co-educational archdiocesan Catholic elementary school. The school is fully accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Holy Trinity is in its 68th year as a diocesan Catholic elementary school serving students in Transitional Kindergarten through 8th grade. Holy Trinity is dedicated to providing a safe Christian environment for students in a vibrant and diverse community. Holy Trinity is a faith community which teaches Catholic values and provides opportunities to practice a Christian way of life.
- Today, that tradition continues with excellent teachers, eager students, and families committed to seeing their children succeed. Holy Trinity`s staff and faculty are committed to ensuring that students receive a quality education. Our teachers and staff are highly qualified, professional, caring, and dedicated to "forming saints and scholars." We are committed to helping families by providing affordable tuition plans and financial assistance to those families who meet the requirements. Holy Trinity is currently accepting application for enrollment. We welcome new families to join us throughout the year and are ready to join with them in educating their children. If you are interested in sending your son or daughter to our school we encourage you to call for a tour or to set up a shadow day.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Affordable family tuition plans and financial assistance is available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Lloyd - Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Renee Torres - Office Manager|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Decathlon, Altar Serving, Church lectoring, Peer Tutoring, Student Council
- Transitional Kindergarten through 8th Grade
- Small class sizes for individual attention
- Newly renovated classrooms
- State of the art Wi-Fi for technology integration
- iPad centers for grades TK 2, and 1:1 iPad program for grades 3 - 8
- Hands-on STEM activities at all grade levels
- Affordable family tuition plans
- Before and After-school Daycare
- Free after-school Homework Club
- CYO Athletics and a variety of extracurricular and elective opportunities
- "Saints and Scholars" who are prepared for high school, career, and heaven
Holy Trinity School is proud to offer students programs that will help them develop as whole persons and grow to their fullest potential. We are proud to prepare all of our students to be Catholic leaders for the 21st century. Offering a well-rounded education means providing programs that enrich our current school curriculum.
This year the school is initiating a 1:1 iPad program. Students in grades 3 8 will each have a Generation 5 iPad assigned to them. The device is issued at no cost and is insured by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. Students in grades Tk 2 will utilize the iPads during their "centers" time. The iPad program is part of our blended learning curriculum that is designed to help us meet the needs of individual learners and engage students using the latest technology. Students have weekly classes in Art, Music, and PE. Students in TK - 4 have STEM education in the Tinkerlab as well as in their Technology class. Middle school students have the opportunity to take an elective class each trimester. Other special opportunities include afterschool dance, yoga, and karate, film making, foreign language, academic decathlon, and more. Offerings vary from year to year based on student and family interest. Each grade level class takes one or more field trips annually, selected by the classroom teacher to enhance the grade level curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 149 students
1550 Maltman Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323)665-3601 2.3 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 184 students
2215 Fargo St
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323)662-6777 2 K-8
Holy Trinity offers a ton of fun and engaging extracurricular activities which provide an excellent opportunity for families and parishioners to come together as a family.
- Posted by Parent - Ms. G.
If you have a little one (3-4 year old) definitely think about considering enrolling him/her beginning in their TK program. It is a great starting foundation for what they will be learning in Kindergarten and beyond. We had many choices in selecting a preschool...even an elementary school, but when we decided to send our daughter here in TK, it was one of the best decisions we ever made. She is going into 3rd grade now and continues to love it! Teachers (and all faculty) are great. Ms. Lloyd, our principal, is AWESOME and so dedicated. Fr. Ricky, our pastor, is amazing. You should check out one of his masses/homilies. A catholic education is priceless - they are truly "Forming saints and scholars." But even if you are not catholic - all denominations are welcome. My daughter has several classmates who are not catholic and their families love the school. It is hard to put into words what type of community Holy Trinity School is. We are unique. We are not a huge school...but we are a great school. We truly are a family and I hope my daughter has the same experience I had when I was in school. I am still in touch regularly with my elementary school friends that I met at St. Casimir (almost 39 years of friendship!) My younger brother is an alum of HTS and several family members previously worked here as well. If you are looking for a school that is unpretentious, welcoming, supportive, family-oriented and a place where your child will excel - please consider Holy Trinity. You will not regret it.
- Posted by Parent - Janet Adriano
I am very pleased and happy with the way Ms. Lloyd manage the school since the two-years of transition and I can really say that she absolutely did a tremendous job together with the assistance of Father Ricardo in improving a lot of great things for the school. We are truly pleased and blessed to have them in the school community because we know and admire their hard work and loyalty to the school and are truly devoted in giving the best education that the students need and require to be able to fulfill their goals during and after they finish school. I just hope and pray that everything will always be as positive like this and to continue their excellent service to each family and parish people who have dedicated their time as much as they can to serve. Thank you and keep up the excellent work as always!
- Posted by Parent - Perlas Family
Holy Trinity is a great school that feels like a small family. Teachers are very qualified and my grandsons are excelling in all their classes. Class sizes are small giving students a better chance to learn. My boys have enjoyed playing sports and they also enjoy their music classes. I highly recommend Holly Trinity; a great choice for children to grow academicly and in a safe environment. There is also assistance available to pay for tuition which is also a great help.
- Posted by Parent - Elizabeth Luna Jansa
I am a parent of two boys. I am also a firm believer of investing in your child future thru a good Catholic Education. You don`t have to participate in the religion but you do have to want your child to have morals and standards, this is the best way to help them. We have being very blessed in obtaining an exceptional education for both of our boys. My eldest tested college level to his high school entry exam. My youngest growth has being amazing junior high ca sometime be challenging for kids (puberty, teenager challenges comes in the pictures) But thanks to Holy Trinity staff and support he is doing amazingly. I am sure he too will test exceptional. I do recall a situation that always enforces my believed in a catholic education and would like to share one with you. While in Kindergarten a classmate had an accident and the rest of the class laughed at this child. Later the teacher had a serious talk with the rest of the class regarding their behavior. But not only was a scolding given, this came with an explanation as to why their behavior was erroneous and with examples that to this day they remember. My kids were not only being educated in grammar and math but they were also being taught to be people with generosity and consideration towards others. Something our youth lacs and desperately needs especially in the public school systems.I can never thank enough the encouragement of the teachers; I can never say enough of how wonderful humans they are. But I will add we do find a bump in the road at times. But sadly this is happening in all areas kids are involved in. We as parents have to be involved in our kid`s activities, lives, get to know their friends and their parents. A Catholic atmosphere makes all this possible because we become a family, we care for each other and we get to know each other. My kids see their schools as families` members, along with their teachers and school mates.
- Posted by Parent - Ruiz
my son attends this school. he started tk last year andhe improved a lot with his vocabulary and writing skills.the teachers and staff are very friendly and accommodating.they really take their time to listen to your concerns. the school overall is a very warm and family friendly place. im also planning to enrol my younger son at this school next year! my experience here is very positive! the school is academically competitive as well. i highly recommend this place for parents who are looking for a private catholic school.
- Posted by Parent - E. Galit
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.