Hope Lutheran School
Middle school students enjoy Lego Robotics as an elective, and we have an after school club for grades 4-8.
Small class sizes allow our teachers to give students one-on-one attention and meet each students where they are at in their academic journey.
SmartBoards are in every classroom, integrated with our curriculum and used by students and teachers every day to supplement and enhance learning .
Small group based reading groups in kindergarten give students a strong foundation in literacy to move on to the next level.
Learning through play is the foundation of our 3 and 4's preschool program. We also provide before and after school care for this age group.
School issued iPads in middle school are key to helping them keep on top of assignments, read through curriculum and submit assignments directly to teachers.
We love our Seahawks! Students wear uniforms but students love free dress days to express their personality and support their sports teams!
- At Hope Lutheran School, we value rigorous academics and a strong Christian foundation.
- Our dynamic technology program and balanced assortment of classes including fine arts, athletics, Spanish, and technology, in addition to the core subjects of literacy, math, science, and history, equip our students for lifelong learning. And, our small class sizes enable teachers to form strong relationships with students and parents that set the foundation for success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki/Navy pants or skirts and white or navy shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on grade|
|Admissions Director||Sally Heit|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Glee Club, Lego Club, Lego Robotics, Math Club, PTH (Parents and Teachers of Hope), Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Bell Choir, Chapel Band, Choir, Drama Clu
- Welcome to Hope Lutheran School, one of the largest private Lutheran schools in the Pacific Northwest. When it was established in 1959, Hope Lutheran School opened its doors to 88 students in grades kindergarten through grade 5. Today, Hope enrolls over 200 students, preparing them for lifelong learning from preschool through eighth grade.
- Why choose Hope Lutheran School
- We are part of a community. Situated minutes from downtown Seattle, our school is part of a large and diverse urban community in which we actively participate through neighborhood events, educational fairs, and summer programs. Students travel from Vashon Island, Beacon Hill, Burien, and Federal Way to receive a rigorous Christian education that prepares them for success in their future academic career.
- We are a family.
- One of our teachers said it best, "(Hope is) large enough to be a community, small enough to be a family." One of the main reasons our school is unique is that we are small enough that every student becomes an integral part of our Hope Lutheran family. Each student is important and a gift from God. Our small class sizes ensure that no child is overlooked or left behind, as we nurture relationships among our students, teachers, staff, and parents.We are academic. Recognizing that each child has unique abilities, Hope nurtures every student in body, mind, and spirit. Our rigorous academic curriculum is enhanced by our low student-to-teacher ratio (13:1); specialty teachers in music, physical education, computers, art, and foreign language; and after-school sports and clubs. We are fully accredited through the National Lutheran School Association and Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
- We are Hope Lutheran School.
- We strive to give every student the best start possible in the journey that God has planned for them. At the heart of our school are our core values: Rigor, Respect, Responsibility, and Relationships; we call them the "4 R`s." A Hope education is about Relationships-building relationships between student and teacher, fostering relationships from student to student, and making sure that each student has an opportunity to build a personal relationship with Jesus. Every student is encouraged to grow in Respect toward others and the world around them, to take personal Responsibility for their actions, and to own the outcomes of those actions. The final "R" is Rigor. A rigorous education consists of multifaceted, challenging instruction that allows all students to achieve their highest potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 464 students
4142 42nd Ave Sw
Seattle, WA 98116
(206)937-7255 0.2 PK-8
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 128 students
4100 SW Genesee Street
Seattle, WA 98116
(206)937-7722 0.2 9-12
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 20 students
4141 41st Ave Sw
Seattle, WA 98116
(206)246-9751 0.1 9-12
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
11215 15th Ave Sw
Seattle, WA 98146
(206)935-0427 4.4 PK-8
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
July 07, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.