Horizon Christian School
Horizon Christian School Photo #2 - Ron Haynes is a great coach. Our boys work and play hard and are awesome good sports. Playoffs two years in a row!!
- At Horizon Christian School of Hood River, OR, we are dedicated to helping each student develop their full potential by encouraging Academic Achievement, Biblical Truth and Character Development.
- Since 1977, we have made that calling our priority by providing quality Christian education for families in the Columbia Gorge area.
- We offer a challenging academic program taught by caring, experienced teachers using the highest quality curriculum with the Bible as the foundation.
- Horizon Christian School is accredited and recongnized by ACSI.
- Offering AP, concurrent and dual enrollment classes as well as tuition assistance programs with Grand Canyon University.
- The Horizon Homeschool Program makes select Horizon programs and expertise available to homeschooling families to supplement and support home education
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Calculus, Chemistry, English Composition, English Literature, Physics, US Government, US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Standardized dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on grade level. Tuition assistance and scholarships available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carol Yates|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field
- Horizon Christian School has a current student body of nearly 200 students, Pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, and homeschool integration. Our school serves communities from throughout the Columbia Gorge. Academic excellence at Horizon is characterized by small class sizes, low teacher-student rations, and individualized attention to help students achieve their goals. Horizon teachers and staff are committed to creating a caring and safe learning environment. We believe that relationships are key to that goal, so whether it`s teacher to student, student to student, or teacher to parent, positive relationships are stressed. Students participate in a full range of classes and activities. The challenging academic program includes Advanced Placement classes, field trips, retreats, mentoring, fine arts, service projects, and extracurricular activities all of which provide a rounded and rich curriculum. The Hawks soccer, basketball, track & field, and golf teams are frequent contenders for division titles at the 1A-OSAA level.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hood River Grades: PK-K | 56 students
616 State St
Hood River, OR 97031
(541)386-7717 0.8 PK-K
- Hood River Grades: PK-10 | 48 students
1100 22nd St
Hood River, OR 97031
(541)386-3187 0.8 PK-10
- White Salmon Grades: PK-6 | 57 students
1054 Se Oak St./elementary Campus: 871 Ne Estes St
White Salmon, WA 98672
(509)281-1721 2.7 PK-6
- White Salmon Grades: 9-12 | 29 students
163 N Main Ave
White Salmon, WA 98672 2.7 9-12
- Mount Hood Parkdale Grades: PK-7 | 36 students
6575 Hwy 35
Mount Hood Parkdale, OR 97041 11.1 PK-7
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.