Hudson Lab School
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Kindergarten-7
- Yearly Tuition: $26,500
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- PROJECT-BASED LEARNING
- At Hudson Lab School, we use project-based learning to drive students' curiosity and persistence for high performance learning. We teach the attitudes and approaches for our students to be the protagonists in their own learning with teachers serving as organizers, guides and sources of inspiration. We empower students through our focus on collaborative learning and a commitment to teaching the whole child--intellectual, social/emotional, and physical. We carefully balance creative and critical thinking while encouraging persistence and intellectual rigor. Rather than focus on school readiness skills, we help each student build the life skills to adapt and change and grow into the person he or she aspires to grow into.
- ACADEMIC FORTITUDE
- Project-based learning is integrated with personalized learning where students learn core subjects like reading, writing and math either one-on-one or in small groups. Reading and writing at Hudson Lab School will be supported by a blend of literacy approaches including those of Fountas & Pinnell and Lucy Calkins. Guided by their teachers, students will explore texts by discussing open-ended questions, sharing responses and insights, and developing all their basic language arts skillsreading comprehension, critical thinking, writing, speaking, and listening. Math will be supported by Investigations and Singapore math.
- SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- At Hudson Lab School, we believe self-awareness and the ability to connect with others is an essential life skill. We integrate social-emotional learning into every facet of the school day: At morning and afternoon community meetings, through mixed-age learning groups, intergenerational programming and community involvement to gentle group critiques and design challenges that encourage students to accept and embrace failure as part of the design process. Each day Hudson Lab School students will seek ways to positively impact our school, our community, and our environment.
Endorse Hudson Lab School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards