Hudson Lab School is a progressive, project-based K-8 school located in Hastings-on-Hudson, NY. We integrate interdisciplinary academics, collaborative project-based learning (PBL) and thoughtful self-reflection to instill a love of learning and to teach children how to design and build a life in which they can thrive.Our setting in a nursing home with a 26-acre campus allows Hudson Lab School to combine a strong indoor/outdoor classroom approach with leading intergenerational programming, providing a unique environment for our students to build their sense of community.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Yearly Tuition: $29,600
- Average class size: 7 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Yearly Tuition Cost
- PROJECT-BASED LEARNING
- At Hudson Lab School, we use project-based learning to drive students' curiosity and persistence for high performance learning. We teach the attitudes and approaches for our students to be the protagonists in their own learning with teachers serving as organizers, guides and sources of inspiration. We empower students through our focus on collaborative learning and a commitment to teaching the whole child--intellectual, social/emotional, and physical. We carefully balance creative and critical thinking while encouraging persistence and intellectual rigor. Rather than focus on school readiness skills, we help each student build the life skills to adapt and change and grow into the person he or she aspires to grow into.
- ACADEMIC FORTITUDE
- Project-based learning is integrated with personalized learning where students learn core subjects like reading, writing and math either one-on-one or in small groups. Reading and writing at Hudson Lab School will be supported by a blend of literacy approaches including those of Fountas & Pinnell and Lucy Calkins. Guided by their teachers, students will explore texts by discussing open-ended questions, sharing responses and insights, and developing all their basic language arts skillsreading comprehension, critical thinking, writing, speaking, and listening. Math will be supported by Investigations and Singapore math.
- SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- At Hudson Lab School, we believe self-awareness and the ability to connect with others is an essential life skill. We integrate social-emotional learning into every facet of the school day: At morning and afternoon community meetings, through mixed-age learning groups, intergenerational programming and community involvement to gentle group critiques and design challenges that encourage students to accept and embrace failure as part of the design process. Each day Hudson Lab School students will seek ways to positively impact our school, our community, and our environment.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Hudson Lab School cost?
Hudson Lab School's tuition is approximately $29,600 for private students.
Does Hudson Lab School offer a summer program?
Yes, Hudson Lab School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Hudson Lab School?
The application deadline for Hudson Lab School is Dec. 15.
Endorse Hudson Lab School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.