Huntsville Achievement School
- Huntsville Achievement School has been impacting students for over fifty years.
- HAS is a hidden gem in the Huntsville area for students in grades K-12 that need an educational setting different from the typical public classroom.
- At HAS, we realize that "one size fits all" education doesn't work.
- We work together with the parents and child to figure out how to best teach our students.
- Our curriculum combines directed studies, project, and service learning, and Huntsville Achievement is a fully accredited school. Huntsville Achievement's goal is to help students achieve in the classroom today, so they can thrive in life after school.
- We try to help each child develop academic competence and reasoning skills along with a positive self-concept and the ability to cope and be productive in a changing world.
Huntsville Achievement School places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Aspergers, High functioning Autism|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Dual Enrollment courses offered|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and fees are different for high school than for k-8.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Richard Reynolds|
- Huntsville Achievement School works with students with Dyslexia, High Functioning Autism, Aspergers, ADD and ADHD, and at risk students. We also aim to serve students that seek a viable alternative to the public school model. Education isn't one size fits all, and because of this fact, sometimes a child, for one reason or another, is not a good fit at a school. We provide an alternative before the student falls behind. As a small school with a lower student to teacher ratio, we have a greater flexibility to use differentiated instruction. This lets us work with each child's individual learning style to best meet their needs. we will use a combination of directed studies, projects, and service learning to employ a multisensory learning experience proven to increase memory retention.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owens Cross Roads Grades: K-10 | 35 students
6354 Highway 431 S
Owens Cross Roads, AL 35763
(256)518-9642 8.5 K-10
- Huntsville Grades: NS-12 | 958 students
1005 Drake Avenue SE
Huntsville, AL 35802
(256)799-6100 3.8 NS-12
- Huntsville Grades: PK-8 | 129 students
1699 Old Dry Creek Rd
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)837-5266 4.3 PK-8
- Huntsville Grades: PK-8 | 243 students
2300 Beasley Ave NW
Huntsville, AL 35816
(256)539-5221 1.8 PK-8
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.