Huntsville Achievement School
- Huntsville Achievement School has been impacting students for over fifty years.
- HAS is a hidden gem in the Huntsville area for students in grades K-12 that need an educational setting different from the typical public classroom.
- At HAS, we realize that "one size fits all" education doesn't work.
- We work together with the parents and child to figure out how to best teach our students.
- Our curriculum combines directed studies, project, and service learning, and Huntsville Achievement is a fully accredited school. Huntsville Achievement's goal is to help students achieve in the classroom today, so they can thrive in life after school.
- We try to help each child develop academic competence and reasoning skills along with a positive self-concept and the ability to cope and be productive in a changing world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Aspergers, High functioning Autism|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Dual Enrollment courses offered|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,950|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and fees are different for high school than for k-8.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Richard Reynolds|
- Huntsville Achievement School works with students with Dyslexia, High Functioning Autism, Aspergers, ADD and ADHD, and at risk students. We also aim to serve students that seek a viable alternative to the public school model. Education isn't one size fits all, and because of this fact, sometimes a child, for one reason or another, is not a good fit at a school. We provide an alternative before the student falls behind. As a small school with a lower student to teacher ratio, we have a greater flexibility to use differentiated instruction. This lets us work with each child's individual learning style to best meet their needs. we will use a combination of directed studies, projects, and service learning to employ a multisensory learning experience proven to increase memory retention.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owens Cross RoadsGrades: K-10 | 30 students
6354 Highway 431 S
Owens Cross Roads, AL 35763
- HuntsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 121 students
175 W Park Loop Nw
Huntsville, AL 35806
- HuntsvilleGrades: K-12 | 935 students
1005 Drake Avenue SE
Huntsville, AL 35802
- HuntsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 243 students
2300 Beasley Ave NW
Huntsville, AL 35816
- HuntsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 103 students
1699 Old Dry Creek Rd
Huntsville, AL 35806