Immaculate Conception Catholic School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Photo #2 - Immaculate Conception Catholic School offers interscholastic sports for grades 6-8 including girls' volleyball, girls' and boys' basketball and track. ICCS also offers cheerleading for grades 6-8.
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Photo #3 - Immaculate Conception Catholic School offers interscholastic sports for grades 6-8 including girls' volleyball, girls' and boys' basketball and track. ICCS also offers cheerleading for grades 6-8.
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Photo #4 - Immaculate Conception offers a Stringed Orchestra Program for grades 4-8. The Upper School Stringed Orchestra competes in the Sandy Lake Music Fest where they have received numerous Division One Rankings.
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Photo #5 - Immaculate Conception offers a Stringed Orchestra Program for grades 4-8. Instruction in violin, viola, and cello is offered.
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Photo #6 - Immaculate Conception Catholic School is part of the 19-member Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth school system. It is an inter-parochial ministry of St. Mark and Immaculate Conception parishes. It is located on the Immaculate Conception Parish campus in a spacious facility that opened in 2002.
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Photo #7 - Immaculate Conception Catholic School's Science Fair brings the very best out as our students extend their inquiry-based learning so that they can collaborate with fellow students and the public.
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Photo #8 - Catholic Schools Week is a joyous time of celebration at Immaculate Conception Catholic School when the entire school community celebrates service, spirituality, academic excellence, and so much more. National Catholic Schools Week 2015 January 23 - 31, 2015 Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge, and Service www.ncea.org
Immaculate Conception Catholic School Photo #9 - Immaculate Conception Catholic School staff members are highly skilled and offer real-world electives such as Environmental Science and Sewing to students in grades 6-8.
- Immaculate Conception Catholic School is well known in the North Central Texas area as a place where faith formation and academic excellence meets.
- With it's logo of "Teach As Jesus Taught" ICCS pursues excellence in all areas of instruction with a faith focus on the Christian virtues that are needed to make a difference in today's society.
- In its 19th year of existence, ICCS has already compiled an impressive record of academic and sports championships with their students making their mark at the state and national levels in competitions ranging from art and music to geography and handwriting.
- The school holds more state handwriting championships that any other school in the nation.
- Immaculate Conception Catholic School is a place where families feel at home and involved as they pray, study, play, and come together as community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Texas Catholic Conference Education Department
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Medium Learning Differences: Learning Lab and Title I services|
|Total Students||239 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Registration in February|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$500|
|Admissions Director||Kristy Hawley|
|Admissions Associate||Elaine Schad|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
- RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES:
- Weekly Mass on Thursdays, special events, and Holy Days
- Cherub Choir Grades K-3
- Upper School Choir Grades 7-8 which sings at the Masses
- Altar Server Program
- Monthly Food Drive for the Poor
- Clothing, Eye Glass, and Adoption Collection Drives
- Christ-Centered Christmas Program
- Living Stations
- November 1 First Graders Dress as Saints of the Church in honor of the Feast of All Saints.
- Feast of St. Nicholas
- Catholic Book Fair
- Catholic Movie Night
- Tribute to Veterans
- Texas Program
- Grandparents Day
- Advent Lighting
- Preparation for first sacraments
- St. Jude's Trik-a-Thon sponsored by pre-kindergarten and kindergarten
- Virtue of the Month
- Living Rosary
- ORGANIZATIONS: ICCS HOME AND SCHOOL ASSOCIATION: Supports the school with a variety of opportunities for fellowship, service, and fundraising including family picnic, Thanksgiving lunch for all school families, Lenten Pancake lunch, the annual auction, magazine drive, and various service drives.
- North Texas Independent League - N.T.I.L. welcomes us this year for sports and academic competition against teams from Tioga, St. Mary's in Gainesville, Sivell's Bend, Texoma Christian, and Walnut Bend.
- Private Schools Interscholastic Association -P.S.I.A An extracurricular academic program and competition for students in grades one through eight.
- Junior Kiwanis Builders Club
- Student Council
- Girl and Boy Scouts of America
- ICCS Chess Club
- Stringed Orchestra Program for violin, cello, and viola
- Academic Competitions- The events range from Storytelling for the lower grades to a variety of math, science, language arts, fine arts, speech, and one-act play opportunities for our older students. If you feel that you would be willing to work in any of these areas, please call the office and give your name so that we can contact you with more information. These contests are a great way for our students to meet students from other schools while going beyond the classroom with their various talents.
- SPORTS: Athletic Director: Johnathan Yosten
- ICCS participates in the North Texas Independent League against teams from Muenster Sacred Heart, Tioga, Gainesville St. Mary, Sivell's Bend, and Walnut Bend.
- Sports Fee: $75 for each participating student.
- NTIL ACADEMIC CHAMPIONS
- PSIA ACADEMIC CHAMPIONS
- NTIL VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONS
- NTIL BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
- DUKE SCHOLARS
- GEOGRAPHY BEE CHAMPIONS
- SPELLING BEE CHAMPIONS
- NATIONAL HANDWRITING AND ART AWARD
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Our son attended ICCS from 1st-8th grade. When he started, we were new to Texas and needed more time to investigate the public and private school options. Our son benefited from the smaller class sizes and additional one-on-one attention, and we took things year-to-year. Soon, it became clear that the best decision was to keep him at ICCS. He participated in a wide range of extracurricular activities from orchestra to basketball, track, football, and modern oratory. While we are not Catholic, common Christian values were reinforced and nurtured. He made lifelong friends, and as parents, we did as well. He successfully transitioned to a large, public high school and thrived academically, socially, and athletically. He is now at a small, private, liberal arts college where his scholarships have enabled him to continue learning and developing while also playing his favorite sport. He will be graduating next year. Looking back, ICCS most certainly made a huge difference in our son's formative years. ICCS is like a big family. We recommend this school to anyone who might be looking for a smaller setting with a Catholic/Christian mission. The tuition is affordable, and the curriculum is aligned with the state standards. The faculty/staff all have teaching credentials; many of which hold Texas teacher certification.
- Posted by Parent - GAnderson
Immaculate Conception Catholic School is an incredible School. My husband and I sent our twins to Pre-K here with the intention of placing them in a public school starting in Kindergarten. However, we quickly changed our minds. Our kids are taught so much more than academics, and the staff has been amazing. Our kids actually enjoy school and are learning so much more than I ever anticipated. It is wonderful knowing that you are sending your child to a school where they are surrounded by others that share the same values and morals as you, and that what you teach at home is reinforced at school. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Happy
We are new to Immaculate Conception this year, and it's been a wonderful transition. We had been a homeschooling family for 6 years and needed a change of pace. My 4 children attend here, and as I was sharing with another parent today, ICCS does an amazing job at continuing on our Catholic culture that we have developed in our own domestic church. The faith is woven so beautifully throughout the day and permeates the curriculum. The staff are all active Catholics, and the academics are on point! It's been a wonderful place to call our new academic home.
- Posted by Parent - TXMomOf4
Immaculate Conception Catholic School is a wonderful school. I originally sent my first child here for pre-k while we looked into a permanent school in the local Dallas/ Ft Worth diocese. After our first year we saw such amazing growth in our child that we knew we would stay. Not only were the academics solid but the spiritual growth and faith lessons my child was experiencing truly reflected the school's promise to "teach as Jesus taught." On top of all that, as we looked into other local Catholic schools, we realized that Immaculate Conception had one of the lowest tuition rates in the diocese. We have since sent all of our other children to this wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - happy
I am a 7th grade student at ICCS and it is a very faith centered school. I have been here since Pre-K 3 and have always felt included. The teachers are very nice and the classes are fun.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - stjan
Nearby Homes for Sale
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.