Immaculate Heart Academy
- Immaculate Heart Academy has as its purpose the creation of enthusiasm for scholarship, the stimulation of a desire to render service, the promotion of leadership, and the development of character.
- NHS, a nationwide organization sponsored and supervised by the National Association of Secondary School Principals, is a society composed of students who have been recognized by the faculty and administration for outstanding achievement in four areas: scholarship, character, leadership, and service.
- Each year, a faculty committee considers junior and senior candidates for selection in NHS. Judgment is based on academics, service, leadership and character.
- Once a student has been inducted, she is responsible for maintaining excellence in these areas.
- Meetings are held on an as needed basis throughout the year.
- After school tutoring to students having academic difficulty is a primary responsibility of membership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-11|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downey Grades: K-5 | 106 students
8033 3rd St
Downey, CA 90241
(562)861-1499 0.8 K-5
- Downey Grades: NS-8 | 328 students
10441 Downey Ave
Downey, CA 90241
(562)869-9969 0.4 NS-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.