Immaculate Heart Academy
Tel: (562) 861-8962
- Immaculate Heart Academy has as its purpose the creation of enthusiasm for scholarship, the stimulation of a desire to render service, the promotion of leadership, and the development of character.
- NHS, a nationwide organization sponsored and supervised by the National Association of Secondary School Principals, is a society composed of students who have been recognized by the faculty and administration for outstanding achievement in four areas: scholarship, character, leadership, and service.
- Each year, a faculty committee considers junior and senior candidates for selection in NHS. Judgment is based on academics, service, leadership and character.
- Once a student has been inducted, she is responsible for maintaining excellence in these areas.
- Meetings are held on an as needed basis throughout the year.
- After school tutoring to students having academic difficulty is a primary responsibility of membership.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-11|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Downey Grades: K-5 | 106 students
8033 3rd St
Downey, CA 90241
(562) 861-1499 0.8 K-5
- Downey Grades: NS-8 | 328 students
10441 Downey Ave
Downey, CA 90241
(562) 869-9969 0.4 NS-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?