- Immanuel Christian Academy operates as an extension of Immanuel Lutheran Church to provide a quality education in a Christ-centered environment and to serve as an avenue of outreach to non-Christians within our community through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the entire curriculum should be geared to the student's intellectual needs in today's world.
- We also believe that our curriculum must be taught from a Christian perspective and permeated with Christian values.
- We believe that daily worship, religious study, and application of God's Word to everyday life is essential for Christian discipleship so that each child may know and experience God's seeking and forgiving love through Christ Jesus.
- We believe that a well rounded program of physical activities is necessary, stressing participation and enjoyment for each child, to nurture the God given gift of life and health.
- We believe that every student is a unique child of God.
- As children in the family of God, respect and love are fostered in positive social relationships.
- We believe that our children need Christian discipline through which they can develop a set of values, learn respect, and develop a sense of concern for others.
- We believe that a school, which honors Christ in every classroom and where teaching reflects the risen Christ, will guide children toward good citizenship and a vital Christian life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Standardized Dress Code Khakis & Polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / Jul. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,500|
|Tuition Notes||$125.00 Family Enrollment Fee for new students $100.00 for re-enrollment Student Service fee $430 per student. Discounts available for multiple children and church membership.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Cooking Club, Math Club, Piano, Violin Band, Cooking Club, Math Club, Piano, Violin,|
- Admissions for new students begins the first week of March.
- Application and $100 - $200 enrollment fee
- Academic Testing $25 and interview with the Principal
- $43.00 Smart Tuition Fee
- $450 Student Fees due at Registration
- Tours offered by appointment
- Shadowing by appointment
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HammondGrades: 1-12 | 304 students
4925 Sohl Ave
Hammond, IN 46327
La Grange HighlandsGrades: 2-12 | 101 students
6425 Willow Springs Rd
La Grange Highlands, IL 60525
Orland HillsGrades: PK-7 | 155 students
9001 159th St
Orland Hills, IL 60487
Oak ForestGrades: PK-8 | 130 students
5217 149th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452
Tinley ParkGrades: K-8 | 356 students
17171 84th Avenue
Tinley Park, IL 60477
We sent our son to Immanuel for kindergarten during which time he excelled. For first grade we thought we would save our money by sending him to our local public school. That school was highly rated so it sounded good. What a mistake that was. He not only regressed academically, but learned wonderful things; such as profane language ( yes, in first grade.) Now he's back at Immanuel and has been for the last two years. He's back on his academic track, in third grade reading and doing math at a fourth grade level. Plus he's getting a solid moral and practical background. The sports programs are great. Couldn't be happier worth every penny. One of the lowest tuition's around.
- Posted by Parent - tczub
We researched and visited many schools in Westchester, Hillside, Melrose Park and Oak Park and selected Immanuel Lutheran. We are impressed by many things, but one important aspect of Immanuel that I did not see at other schools was the ability to partner with the teacher and develop an individual plan for my child. The teachers are not only highly educated, but take the time to learn the strengths and weaknesses in each child and due to the small class sizes, they are able to work with each child and develop specific plans for them. My son excelled in math and reading, so he is able to go to the next grade for math and reading. Most schools, due to large class sizes, are not able to accommodate children in this way. Although our family are not members of a Lutheran church, the spiritual guidance and influence my son receives does not differ from our Christian teachings. My son also enjoys playing soccer and being a part of the boys scouts (which are both offered through the school). We are very involved parents and understand the value of good education. I couldn't imagine sending my son to any other school than Immanuel Lutheran.
- Posted by Parent - ltole
Each child receives the core curriculum, necessary enrichment and individual attention he or she deserves in addition to a spiritual foundation. The school offers piano, cooking club, math club, tutoring, martial arts, basketball, monthly events and more. The teachers are disciplined and united, caring, concerned and open-mined. They support each other and connect with the children to provide academic and spiritual growth. They make the parents feel welcome and valued. We couldn't be happier.
- Posted by Parent - knchi
Has been a blessing to us--the teachers urge quarreling students to apologize and forgive each other. Weekly worship with guest worship leaders from the local Christian H.S. and University. My dtr's BB coach is great--tireless upbeat attitude focussing on individual and team improvement rather than favoring the most talented players. Also, both my dtrs have been able to excel beyond their grade level in reading and math with individualized attention and coordination between very observant teachers. Visit Immanuel and you will find a caring community of Christians who work with children for the glory of God.
- Posted by Parent - hadle
Our oldest son was a quiet and shy child. When we looked for a grammar school for him, we wanted small class sizes, small teacher/child ratios, and a place that would be able to challenge our bright son. We found that at Immanuel! He has been there for three years now, and is flourishing. He's really coming out of his shell, creating lasting friendships, and has such supportive, dedicated teachers. Right now he is in second grade, but doing 3rd grade math, reading and spelling and getting straight A's. He also takes piano lessons at school, which we love. Every time I think we could save money by sending him to a public school, I only have to think of all the nurturing he is getting, and I know we are where we need to be. Even my mother refuses to let me send him anywhere else. We just started our four year old son there too, and he is doing very well.
- Posted by Parent - getti
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.