Iqra Academy Of Utah
- Iqra Academy of Utah is the only Islamic school in Utah (www.iqra-utah.org).
- It is a private not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, now in its sixth year of (provisional) accreditation by NAAS. Student instruction covers the Utah Core curriculum, with additional classes in Islamic Studies (including Arabic).
- Iqra Academy is funded by students' tuition and fees, and by contributions from the community.
- Our student body is a diverse group representing many countries in four continents.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(White blouse/shirt & navy skirt/slacks)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,700|
|Tuition Notes||There is some limited financial assistance available, through zakat funds.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
- Mission Statement
- To provide students with an excellent academic and Islamic education and a firm foundation of moral and ethical values
- To develop in every student a positive American-Muslim identity
- Prepare today's students to be tomorrow's leaders
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Valley City Grades: K-8 | 456 students
2755 Decker Lake Ln
West Valley City, UT 84119
(801)908-7826 1.1 K-8
- Salt Lake City Grades: NS-8 | 550 students
1325 S Main St
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
(801)487-9985 2.4 NS-8
- Salt Lake City Grades: NS-8 | 275 students
430 E 2100 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
(801)486-0741 2.6 NS-8
- West Valley City Grades: K | 21 students
3655 W 2340 S
West Valley City, UT 84120
(801)974-5886 2.6 K
Learn more about Financing Your Kids’ Education in Private School.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.