Islamic Academy Of Riverside
Tel: (951) 682-1202
OUR VISION The Islamic Academy of Riverside (IAR) is dedicated to provide strong ethical values and morals while offering a high standard wide variety of academic curricula.
Students at IAR are taught to aspire, expect, and attain the highest levels of achievement.
Students are educated in the value of personal achievement and goals through becoming God-conscious leaders guided by justice, driven by ethics, empowered by knowledge, and supported by logic.
OUR MISSION We are committed to provide students with an excellent academic education while promoting Islamic virtues in our Islamic environment.
Our mission is also to provide a healthy environment for our students to grow intellectually, socially, and physically with the goal of achieving their maximum potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki Pant and Green Shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
- HISTORY AND FACILITY
- Our school started as a full time school in the year 1995-1996 in a newly constructed facility. The school building is comprised of approximately 6,000 square feet of air conditioned classroom space, along with administrative offices, kitchen, cafeteria, a multipurpose hall and spacious playground.
- We have attracted and retained, well qualified and experienced teachers that create environments where students take ownership of their education to become lifelong leaders in accordance with Islam. Student to teacher ratio allows for continuous and productive interaction.
- ISLAMIC STUDIES CURRICULUM
- An integral part of our curriculum is the Arabic language and Islamic Studies. They are presented in a sequential, progressive manner beginning in preschool and proceeding through all grade levels.The Arabic curriculum includes reading, writing and grammar. Islamic study curriculum includes Qur’an (memorization as well as understanding), Hadith, Fiqh, Sirah, and Islamic history.Our Students participate in the daily Zuhr congregation “Jumaa” in the Masjid, and the school observes, commemorates and celebrates Eid festivities
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Irvine Grades: PK-8 | 273 students
1 Truman St
Irvine, CA 92620
(949) 552-5411 31.6 PK-8
- Canton Grades: NS-8 | 483 students
40440 Palmer Rd
Canton, MI 48188
(734) 729-1000 1915 NS-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.