Jewish Community High School Of The Bay
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 189 students
- Yearly Tuition: $52,211
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 6
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Art Club, BBQ Club, Chess Team, Digital Media, Environmental Club, Fashion with Compassion, Gay/Straight Alliance, Hip Hop Dance, Interfaith Teen Council, Literary Magazine, Mock Trial, STAND Anti-Genocide, Student Alliance for Israel, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Ultimate Frisbee, Village Project Tutoring Club, Yearbook
The JCHS journey begins before the first day of class.
- Our students become part of a mutually supportive community that nurtures individual growth.
- We encourage our students to challenge themselves, to think creatively and to discover their values while striving for academic excellence. Whether expressing themselves through arts and athletics, academic achievement or community outreach projects, our students participate in a rigorous college preparatory program enriched by thought-provoking Jewish studies.
- JCHS classes are small enough that everyone can be heard, but large enough that a diversity of opinion is possible.
- Our rich curriculum braids together humanities, Jewish studies, and math/science, making it possible to offer classes that incorporate wisdom drawn from the sciences, art and the spirit.
- Students develop skills in textual reading and contextual understanding, as well as writing and public speaking, logic, creative expression, experiential learning and critical thinking, all of which will inform their intellectual and academic development.
- To enrich and enhance their academic experience, JCHS offers competitive interscholastic athletic programs for all abilities as a way to build discipline and sportsmanship.
- Performances in drama and music, as well as expression through the fine arts, nurture and refine our students' creative talents.
Endorse Jewish Community High School Of The Bay. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards