Jewish Community High School Of The Bay
- The JCHS journey begins before the first day of class.
- Our students become part of a carefully selected and mutually supportive community that nurtures individual growth.
- We encourage our students to challenge themselves, to think creatively and to discover their values while striving for academic excellence. Whether expressing themselves through arts and athletics, academic achievement or community outreach projects, our students participate in a rigorous college preparatory program enriched by thought-provoking Jewish studies.
- JCHS classes are small enough that everyone can be heard, but large enough that a diversity of opinion is possible.
- Our rich curriculum braids together humanities, Jewish studies, and math/science, making it possible to offer classes that incorporate wisdom drawn from the sciences, art and the spirit.
- Students develop skills in textual reading and contextual understanding, as well as writing and public speaking, logic, creative expression, experiential learning and critical thinking all of which will inform their intellectual and academic development.
- To enrich and enance their academic experience, JCHS offers competitive interscholastic athletic programs for all abilities as a way to build discipline and sportsmanship.
- Performances in drama and music and expression through the fine arts nurture and refine our students' creative talents.
Jewish Community High School Of The Bay places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to moderate learning differences accommodated|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Hebrew Grammar, Advanced Spanish Conversation, Algebra I Advanced, Algebra II Advanced, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AB, AP Calculus, BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics, C, AP Spanish Language, AP Studio Art, Geometry Advanced, Vocal Arts Honors|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 7|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,725|
|Tuition Notes||We are committed to making JCHS an affordable choice for your child's high school education. To that end, we offer a Flexible Tuition Program designed to help keep JCHS education accessible to families from a variety of economic backgrounds.|
|Admissions Director||Leslie Ticktin|
|Admissions Associate||Masha Kouznetsova|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, BBQ Club, Chess Team, Digital Media, Environmental Club, Gay/Straight Alliance, Hip Hop Dance, Interfaith Teen Council, Literary Magazine, Mock Trial, STAND Anti-Genocide, Student Alliance for Israel, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Ultimate Frisbee, Village Project Tutoring Club, Yearbook
Jewish Community High School at a Glance
- We are a "pluralistic" community welcoming students from all types of Jewish, social, economic, educational and geographic backgrounds.
- Class sizes are small, averaging 12 students and a 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio.
- We eat lunch together every day. Our meals follow are prepared daily in our kitchen using fresh, local, organic ingredients.
- 85% of our faculty hold post-graduate academic degrees.
- The 200-seat Performing Arts Theater is state-of-the-art and is an exceptional venue for student productions as well as community gatherings.
- Our rapidly expanding library offers more than 25,000 volumes, including those of the Bureau of Jewish Education (BJE).
- JCHS is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 374 students
35 Keyes Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94129
(415) 561-5800 1.6 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: K-12 | 1095 students
2222 Broadway St
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 292-3109 0.9 K-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 490 students
755 Ocean Ave
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415) 333-4021 4.1 9-12