John Paul II Catholic High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- John Paul II Catholic High School, located in Greenville, NC, is a four-year college preparatory school in The Catholic Diocese of Raleigh that is an inclusive community where students of all faiths are welcome.
- We embrace the mission of Jesus Christ: to form men and women of faith, knowledge, and service in church and community.
- Within the tradition of our Catholic faith we build character through the development of the whole person in mind, body, and spirit while instilling a commitment to lifelong learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, Physics 1, Physics 2, Psychology, Spanish Language and Culture, Statistics, US Government & Politics, US History|
|Average SAT score||1120|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khakis and polos; dress uniform on Mass days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Jan. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Doug Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Digital Media Club, Link Crew, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl, Spanish Club, Student Government
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- John Paul II Catholic High School, located in Greenville, NC, is a college preparatory school that embraces the mission of Jesus Christ: to form men and women of faith, knowledge and service in church and community. Within the tradition of our Catholic faith, we build character through the development of the whole person in mind, body, and spirit and instill a commitment to lifelong learning. Our focus of guiding students into their choice college relies on our safe and constructive environment for the exploration of their passions and growth as a person overall. We are not solely content with academic rigor. JPII provides a multitude of academic, athletic, civic, social, and spiritual opportunities for students to become involved in their community. We encourage our students to engage in each aspect of student life to become a well-rounded young scholar-the highest form of preparation for college and beyond.
- 100% college acceptance rate.
- Graduates have received more than $2 million in grants and scholarships.
- Impressive and growing list of college and university acceptances.
- Financial aid is available for families who qualify.
- We are one of the least expensive private high schools in our region.
- Highly-qualified, experienced teachers focus on the individual student to achieve their maximum potential.
- Transition discounts are available for students transferring from area Catholic grade schools.
- Curriculum meets and exceeds NC standards with unique college preparation classes.
- Senior Thesis Seminar: seniors read and discuss some of the great works of the past while writing their own in-depth paper on a religious, philosophical, or ethical dilemma.
- Senior Internship Program: students work with local businesses to gain applied experience from the classroom in their field.
- 8:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
- Starting in the 9th grade, students receive individual faculty advising for college preparation.
- 100% of faculty hold Bachelor`s degrees, 70% hold advanced postsecondary degrees in their fields.
- As many as 14 AP classes are offered in English, history and social sciences, science, and foreign language.
- Students taught via Socratic Method, encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Learning services and tutoring options are available.
- Every student receives a personal iPad.
- Dedicated science lab for hands-on, STEM-related classes including chemistry, biology, and physics.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) via AdvancEd and the College Board.
- Small student body allows meaningful relationships with peers.
- Staff and faculty encourage students to grow and mature together in a safe and structured environment based on freedom.
- Numerous service opportunities teach students the importance of being stewards of the community.
- Our diverse, inclusive population is a true representation of the eastern NC region.
- We offer lunch every day from area restaurants catered in for our students.
- Fields trips and local art and music shows provide hands-on learning opportunities.
- Extracurricular activities include National Honor Society, student government, Spanish Club, and Quiz Bowl.
- 100% of our student body participates in at least one extracurricular activity or sport.
- Use Gospel values to teach students to improve the quality of life in their communities and churches with their talents, service, and academic excellence.
- We welcome students of all faiths and beliefs. They explore world religions and Catholicism and strengthen their own faith.
- Religious activities include weekly Mass, Chaplain appointed by the Bishop, yearly spiritual retreats, daily gospel readings, and student service in the school and community, such as the Food Bank, Ronald McDonald House, Special Olympics, and community crisis (hurricane cleanup, etc.).
- We are expanding the current 17 men's and women's sports offered with a new athletics complex, teams, and our strong Athletic Booster Club.
- Current athletic offerings include baseball, cheerleading, football, softball, volleyball, men's lacrosse, men's & women's basketball, men's & women's cross country, men's & women's golf, men's & women's soccer, men's & women's swimming.
- Future athletic offerings include tennis and wrestling.
- Atheltic Awards and Accolades: 2 all-conference swimmers, Female Conference Swimmer of the Year, men`s & women`s basketball placed 2nd in conference championship, and all-conference & all-state cross country runner.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenville Grades: 9-12 | 53 students
2725 E 14th St
Greenville, NC 27858 0 9-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-K | 216 students
1510 Greenville Blvd Se
Greenville, NC 27858
(252)756-8167 0.8 PK-K
- Greenville Grades: PK-1
1525 E. Arlington Blvd.
Greenville, NC 27858
(252)215-9032 1.1 PK-1
- Greenville Grades: NS-PK
1026 Red Banks Rd
Greenville, NC 27858
(252)756-4334 1.1 NS-PK
Enrolling our son at John Paul ll was the best decision we could have made. He came from the Public School system, which was a very good School, don't get me wrong, but we did not want him to go to Public High School. John Paul was starting their football program, and that really drew us to find out more. After getting through almost his first year as a Freshman, he has developed into a responsible, determined young man. John Paul is a family, you're not a name, number you really are a part of something special. The academics are challenging, and innovative. All the teachers care about how the students are doing, not just with grades, emotionally as well. Endless help is available, all teachers are willing to stay after school and tutor. I can go on about the positive things John Paul offers. I highly recommend this school, you won't be disappointed.
- Posted by Parent - Melissa Patterson-Lang
After a pretty disappointing freshman year in public school, my daughter Maddie asked to go to John Paul II. What a difference!! This school is amazing and is a family. The staff is so caring and truly want the students to succeed. They go above and beyond. I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about the school, the staff x the administration and the students. The feeling of togetherness is something I never felt when she attended the public high school. I'm pleased and proud to tell her sister Katie will be attending there next year as a freshman.
- Posted by Parent - Rebecca
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.