Here at Kensington KinderCare our staff is dedicated to enriching your child's future!! Our passionate staff has dedicated themselves to providing quality child care with a combined tenure of 110 years!!! We hope you and your family will find Kensington KinderCare the place that will be the right fit for your family as our staff did.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to Kensington KinderCare Learning Center in Abingdon, Maryland. We are pleased that you have chosen to look at our center for your child's care and educational needs. Our long-term staff at KinderCare are committed to providing high-quality care to the children we serve. We believe that parental involvement is one of the reasons that children succeed in school. We believe in supporting child, family and community. Parents are always welcomed to come visit our center and share their experiences and cultures with the children. We'd like to invite you to come tour our facility and take advantage of our open door policy. To schedule an appointment or for more information about our child care program, contact us at (410) 515-3100.
- At Kensington KinderCare, the safety of our children and the confidence of our parents are points of pride. From daily sign-in to strict parent/guardian identification and single keypad access, we maintain a rigorous standard for safety. Plus our daily cleanliness and maintenance schedules leave nothing at all to chance.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- CCA, (NO NACCRRA) but 10% Military Discount
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Kensington KinderCare?
The application deadline for Kensington KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
I absolutely adore Kensington kindercare! I work in childcare so I bounced around quite a few centers in harford county until I found one I really loved and it was Kensington Kindercare. Then I got pregnant with my daughter and was absolutely thrilled for her to go there. I recently was lucky enough to have the opportunity to stay home with her but we were SO sad to leave. The staff is amazing and most have worked there for 10+ years, some 20 and some even 30. The curriculum is great, and it is by far the most fun center I`ve ever been a part of (for staff and kids alike). Seriously don`t have enough great things to say about it!
Endorse Kensington KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.